electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Denon DRA-01025 Repair

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dichotomy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:13 am    Post subject: Denon DRA-01025 Repair Reply with quote

I have a Denon DRA-1025 stereo receiver that I have had for a long time (it's 18 years old). It's always been a great receiver, but recently we had a brown-out and since then I get no power from the unit.

There is an inline fuse before the power switch that is intact, so the brown-out must have caused a problem past that.

Does anyone have any experience resolving issues like these with stereos of this age? I am just trying to find some ideas on where to look next.

Thanks in advance!
Pentode

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well a non working unit, or non working anything for that matter, checking the fuses is the right thing to do if 'totally dead', the next thing is to check around the power supply and any regulators foe voltages and for this you'll need a meter of some description.

You can appreciated it would be very rare if anyone could say change this or that and it'll be OK.

I don't know the exact unit, but if it's one of those equipment that uses a switch mode power power supply then this may be your answer and may be something as simple as a resistor gone high in value or a faulty capacitor in the feedback loop of the switch-mode supply.... or if it's one of those bits of equipment where the unit is left in standby then probably it'll be a regulator or switching transistor.

So really it's a matter of doing some voltages test's and knowing what to test.

Dave
Dichotomy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dave, that's a good idea. I do have a voltmeter, so I will plug it in and see what is getting power with that. Maybe I can find out the bad component that way. It's worth a try and even though I have little experience with this, it may help to know what part is bad.

I appreciate it,
Winston
jts1957

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: Denon DRA-01025 Repair Reply with quote

Any lights or clicks? Or does unit "work the same whether plugged in or not." (Completely Dead?)
If unit has a standby power board the primary of that transformer sometimes opens.
Check plug-in connections for labels that can clue you in to various voltages, especially "on all time" ones (stand-by 5 volts, for example, SB5, AT5, etc.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия