electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
mitsubishi CS35401 35" TV horizontal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gat1954

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: mitsubishi CS35401 35" TV horizontal Reply with quote

I had a Problem with Vertical Hold... then Replaced that Chip...and Now all I get is White Screen/ Purple,, with some Horizontal Lines..

with NO picture,,, from the Tuner,,,, Sound is OK... and channels switch,,but no Picture.. Seems whitish purple...

I noticed the Repair Tech,, Cracked The Little Yoke Circuit Board.. where It attaches to the back of the TUBE... So I repaired it... made sure the three copper joints were making contacts, properly/...
and I still get the same Problem... Whitish Purple...

Could anybody help Please,,,

Service manual for CS-3540 1993 35 incher..
jts1957

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:05 am    Post subject: Re: Mitsubishi Reply with quote

Slow down... What is model number: CS-3540 OR CS35401? Also What "that chip?" You seem to be omitting some part of your story? "Cracked The Little Yoke Circuit Board" ... I'll assume you mean CRT socket board.
gat1954

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vertical Chip...LA--7838 VERTICAL HOLD Chip... on the main Board..

The TV is a Mitshubushi 35401 35 inch Tube

YES... teh CRT Socket Board,,, had a minor Crack from somebody bending a Heatsink ... 45 degrees.. SoI repaired those Lines...
jts1957

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:52 am    Post subject: Re: Mitsubishi Reply with quote

When set had "Vert Hold" problem (Picture/Screen ROLLING?), could you make out any video?
LA7838 is Vertical deflection I.C., but even with NO sweep (horizontal line), you should still have been able to make out whether video was present.
gat1954

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes...there was Video..... before that Chip went in..... I suspect, that either the crack CRT Circuit Board... I didn't notice it right away,, as I plug it in,,,, and the Video never returned... But I tried to repair Where the cracks were on the Board,, to make continuity that with my Weller Pencil Solder

or something The Tech might have done in his soldering on the main Board
jts1957

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: Mitsubishi Reply with quote

Does CRT board have any gun cut off / service switches? Note position, work switch, look for improvement. Examine board with magnification. Easy to miss one foil break.
gat1954

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the CRT has Two Switches on both sides of the Circuit Board...

sort of a Lateral switch, that moves in multitude of dimensions...

I paused,,,,and Found Two more tiny FOIL BREAKS

I do have a Headset Magnifer,,, to greatly check them... IT
doesn't take much ..

WOULD this be enough to cause the Problem >??? of what were talking about here..
gat1954

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK.... I found three More Foil Breaks,,, Soldered them , and tested for continuity... ... Fired it up..... I get a SOLID BLUE screen...

Now I connect the cable,,, and I get sound,,, but a Black,,screen,,,
when I go to channel,, that isn't on the Line up... like 21,,it reverts to solid blue....

WERE Getting Closer..... it's 11:30 PM here in San diego California..
maybe I can see you tomorrow... [email protected]
over and out..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия