electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony GDM 1950 Fixed Frequency Monitor

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:28 am    Post subject: Sony GDM 1950 Fixed Frequency Monitor Reply with quote

Hi guys
I have tinkered for quite some time now with my old Sony GDM1950 to get it to work with
the Matrox Millenium II card, with no sucess. The monitor has separate horizontal & vertical sync inputs.
But the vertical signal doesn't seem to be recognized by the monitor, because the picture
slowly rolls vertically up or down. It obvisoulsy doesn't matter wether the Vertical sync
input is connected or not.

Somehow the V-Sync doesn't seem to go thru the input circuit of the monitor.
Are the pulses of the Matrox card to narrow?
Any ideas how I can solve this problem?

Many thanks for looking into the problem.

Hans
Rich

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This monitor requires bot the H-Sync and the V-Sync to be the correct way up ie +ve going or -ve going, I can not remember which way up they should be or even if they are both the same. I would guess that they should both be -ve going as this was the standard for fixed frequency monitors. I used to have a test program that could set resolutions and H & V sync polarities independantly this is how I found this out.
MIke

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please make sure the vertical signal is sending out from Matrox Millenium by oscilloscope or counter.
If vertical sync exit and still but not recognized by monitor. It is possible because the wrong polarity.
I can design a low cost converter circuit on your monitor input stage. Your monitor will then accept either positive or negative input Sync.
with this converter circuit
Richard+B

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi the GDM1950 requires the sync to be the correct way up whereas your card changes these depending on the mode, I am guessing this, but most fixed frequency monitors required negative going pulses for both H & V syncs. I have had these monitors working off a PC using a test program that allowed you to changed the sync polarities. Rich
Sugil

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:04 pm    Post subject: GDM1950 Reply with quote

I designed a little circuit that changes the horisontal and vertical pulses to the right modes regardless wether the input is + or -.
You have to have both H and V good in order to get sync.
Give me an email adress and I'll send you the drawing.
[email protected]
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия