electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
panasonic PT51G44cA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jagg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:31 am    Post subject: panasonic PT51G44cA Reply with quote

chassisAP815

tv works fine except that the picture is dark any shows that have night scenes are kinda hard to make out the picture but otherwise it still works well.

any ideas on what i can check or test to find the problem.

also anyone willing to share a service manual for this tv would be appreciated

thanks
jts1957

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: panasonic PT51G44cA Reply with quote

I assume user controls work, but do not give enough brightness. First I'd mark the SCREEN control on the flyback transformer, and then try slowly increasing its setting.
I'll see if I can locate service literature.
jts1957

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: Oops Reply with quote

Same but screen controls on focus/screen block.
jagg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: yes Reply with quote

hi yes all the user control work i can turn the brightness and contrast up to a point where picture is fairly bright but sdtill get the darker than normal picture.

thanks for reply

as for screen control setting is this a black plastic case seen from the front where speakers are it has written on it 'screen' and 'focus' eachhas three adjustment screws labeled 'b,g and r' i have adjusted these and they made no difference with the darkness problem, these do the color adjustments and they also help sharpen or focus the screen better
jagg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Oops Reply with quote

jts1957 wrote:
Same but screen controls on focus/screen block.

yes thats the adjustments i tried thanks no difference
LJ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you test the CRT?
jagg

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: test Reply with quote

what would be the required test on crt and what values would be normal still trying to locate servive manual for this tv

thanks
jts1957

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To accurately and quickly test a CRT, a piece of test equipment, usually referred to as a CRT tester/rejuvenator, is the best way.
LJ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you can try this step:
1. Take out tin from R,G,B CRT socket pin.
2. Turn on the TV.
3. Make sure screen voltage (G2 pin) there ( about 150Vdc - 200Vdc come in to CRT )
4. Measure dc voltage that come out from R,G,B pin ( this mean you measure the voltage that come out from CRT).
If the voltage that come from R,G,B pin more than 70% screen voltage, your CRT is in good condition ( should be come bright color at the front CRT same with the pin that you measure) , if less then 50% screen voltage, your CRT will be dark picture / bad condition.
jagg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LJ wrote:
Or you can try this step:
1. Take out tin from R,G,B CRT socket pin.
2. Turn on the TV.
3. Make sure screen voltage (G2 pin) there ( about 150Vdc - 200Vdc come in to CRT )
4. Measure dc voltage that come out from R,G,B pin ( this mean you measure the voltage that come out from CRT).
If the voltage that come from R,G,B pin more than 70% screen voltage, your CRT is in good condition ( should be come bright color at the front CRT same with the pin that you measure) , if less then 50% screen voltage, your CRT will be dark picture / bad condition.

thanks ill be trying this test as soon as i can
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия