electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
denon udm3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guest5

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: UDM3 FIXED!!!! Located PR003 and replaced Reply with quote

My unit's CD tray stopped working 6 years ago, and I gave up on finding a fix soon after research showed it was not cost effective...NOT ANY MORE, HAHAHA! Thanks for an awesome job!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject: How Cow Reply with quote

Fatz2000....
I just had to thank you for solving this
I had exactly the same problem and after I saw your post with pictures I decided to try it out.
I have never done much of soldering before and I did it!!!!

Now it's running just like two years ago!!!

THANK YOU, YOU ROCK!!!!!!
MH174

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: DM33 CD tray won't open Reply with quote

30 April 2007

The CD tray on my Denon DM33 won't open. When I press the eject button the display shows 'DEMO MODE'. I don't think there is a CD inside.

Is there a simple solution to this? Can anyone help?

Would the fix provided by FATZ2000 work in this case? or is it a different model?

I really have no technical experience and am a bit lost - I was quite proud of my Denon but their customer service puts you off.

Thanks
yello

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick post to let you know of another satisfied customer.

Found this thread when searching for a fix for my Denon. Thought I'd give it a go despite having NO experience of electrics or soldering (nothing to loose). Opted to put an in-line fuse holder in and so had to modify the cd tray chassis slightly to accommodate it.

Many thanks for posting the fix! The pictures were invaluable.
sidsparks

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: UDM3 No control of volume Reply with quote

Does anyone have a schematic for the Denon UDM3. The volume is off at 00 comes on at 01 and then stays at the same low level when the volume control is increased or the remote vol up is pressed. Any ideas?
vigtoire

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thank you very much Fatz2000.

I was about to sling my 7 year old machine in the bin and was already looking at replacements when I decided to make a last ditch attempt at searching the web. YOU really saved the day and my Denon is working perfectly again...

Cheers!
JM

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Denon UD-M3 CD tray eject problem Reply with quote

Great stuff. Another one fixed after not working for well over 4 years. Used a 20mm panel fuseholder. Made a hole in the left plastic panel alongside the CD, close to the top and midway between the two "buttresses" towards the rear of the drive. Why did Denon use such a crappy component and then put it in position where it could not be reached easily? I think manufacturers would gain much kudos by admitting common problems which have a simple fix like this one.
Obivan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Need Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

I do have also the problem with the UD m3 like you. I have now try to remove this error on the basis of your description but my CDrom is still not running. The CD subject does open Smile but nothing else works. Crying or Very sad
james10s

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Denon UD-M3 CD drive failing Reply with quote

I was just about to give up on my 10(?) year old Denon UD-M3 cd player/fm radio when I found this site. Apologies if this has been covered previously in this forum. The cd tray opens/closes fine Smile but the unit is having difficulty playing CDs (commercial). It skips, freezes, repeats sections of a track continuously, etc. , so I think the laser is failing. Is it possible (easy) to replace the cd drive? If so what type of cd drive will work in this unit and what tools are required? Will I require the service manual and where might I get it? Many thanks for any help members can provide?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: denon UD-M3 Reply with quote

Just to say I too have fixed my Denon having been told that I should chuck it out and buy a new one at a repair shop. I've never touched a soldering iron in my life but managed to (albeit a bit messily) attach a new fuse to the board. Still not sure how I managed to hold the iron, solder and wire in two hands, but it works fine now and I'm very please having been without my cd player for 2 years! Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия