electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
denon udm3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nicolas99999

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: iT WORKS Reply with quote

Super reparation, merci !
Effectivement il suffit :
1/ d'acheter chez Conrad un porte fusible avec ressorts + fusible + multimetre + fer à souder + fil de plomb/etain,
2/ de dévisser le capot et de dévisser le lecteur CD
3/ de réperer sur la carte du bas (horizontale) l'écriture PR003 qui se trouve en bas à gauche
4/ mesurer la tension entre les 2 points encadrant l'écriture PR003
5/ s'il y a une tension non nulle, alors monter en dérivé le porte fusible

Ca m'a pris 20mn (et m'a couté 2 ampoules sur un doigt: je me suis cramé avec le fer à souder, je ne me souvenais plus que la partie en fer etait chaude...)

Another Denon UD M3 repaired!
Thx
flebsa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: UD3/5 CD tray problems Reply with quote

Katz2000

There are a lot of complementary references above but I can't find thye source they are referring to in order to get the instructions that may help me to repair my CD tray issues.
flebsa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Dodgy CD trays Reply with quote

That's supposed to be Fatz2000 & i'm referring to the pics that were posted somewhere.

Thanks
fatz2000

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Updated image sources Reply with quote

Hi

I've updated the image sources again. I keep choosing image hosters that disappear!!

Now on imageshack.us Very Happy

Images below too:

mattiasa11

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:19 am    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Hey fatz2000

Thanks again. Another satisfied customer! Simple and it worked like a charm.

cheers,

m
VinceLondon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Repair Reply with quote

Hi all, Is there anyone in London able to do these repairs for me ? let me know please [email protected]
natsuto

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I give it a go, even though no electrical or welding experience (not loose). Select the pay-off fuse, etc. CD drive chassis slightly modified to adapt.
mick_the_hut

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: How to take a Denon UDM3 to pieces? Reply with quote

Yet more time has passed since the last post and now it's my turn trying to follow fatz2000's extremely helpful advice.

Sadly one of his photos has apparently expired, so I just have the installed fuse photo to go on.

Question is, how do I disassemble the little blighter to get to the main board shown in the picture, preferably with some hope of putting it back together again?

Any advice most welcome.

Cheers
mick
mick_the_hut

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I figured out how to disassemble the UD-M3, tracked down fuse PR003, which tested as open circuit, soldered my 400ma fuse to a couple of bits of wire to replace it, then did it all again as the wires weren't long enough and the fuse fouled the CD tray which wouldn't go back in on the level. Sigh.

Power on and bingo, the CD drawer opens and closes no problem, hurrah!

So I put a CD in to test playback, and I guess that's when the fuse blew again, so the CD wouldn't play and the drawer wouldn't open. Double sigh.

I begin to appreciate the wisdom of our French friend who put in a fuse holder and a fuse, probably so he could change the fuse more easily!

Any ideas what's going on here? Did I pick too skinny a fuse at 400ma and has anyone succeeded with anything bigger? If anyone still reads this I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

Cheers
mick
mick_the_hut

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still plugging away...

Re-read earlier posts and saw the fuse is supposed to be 500ma not 400, so tried again with an inline fuse holder and a 500ma fuse.

Success with the stuck CD drawer which now works great and hasn't blown the fuse since.

However, have lots of other malfunctions, primarily the power switch has stopped working, so the wall socket switch is the on/off. Can't reset the time either.

Any suggestions welcome, or it's back to poking around with a digital meter to find out what other fuses might have blown.

Cheers
mick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия