electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Monitor wavy on bottom of screen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alien

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Monitor wavy on bottom of screen Reply with quote

Hi guys

Monitor is a ViewSonic A90f+ 19 in.CRT ...year 2003

I have a horizontal wavy type of distortion on the bottom of my screen. It started on the very bottom and has been growing ever since to the point where it now is taking over almost a quarter of the screen.

I know Moire is described as a wavy distortion but this is more like a sea of distortion in which you cant even make out the image underneath.

I checked the cable, changed computers and all settings.

If I turn the computer off the monitor keeps powering on and off. I didnt mention this because I though its something to do with my computer settings but maybe its related? This started a few months after the initial problem

Does anyone know what this is? I have experience with point to point Guitar amplifiers so I can probably handle it if its fixable. Anyone know what this is?

I checked a bunch of stuff but the problem Im having is I cant find a layout diagram for this so Im blind. All the caps I checked are good. They were 100uf/250v , 220/400, 1000/16 which was next to a slightly burnt resistor. (5 ohm)

There was glue inbetween these 2 so I dont know if the glue heated.

I took some pictures so maybe someone can give a bearing. You will see the circle where the missing caps I tested were from. There was a burn spot on a 5 ohm reisitor at R384. I think its 5 or 6 ohm--it has a green-gold-gold-gold pattern--which I have never seen(I have never used such low resistors) It tested at 7 ohms

[url]http://mixinthebox.com/DVC00283.JPG

http://mixinthebox.com/DVC00288.JPG[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия