electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
IR remote extenders not working anybody has a clue?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ivtec

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:24 am    Post subject: IR remote extenders not working anybody has a clue? Reply with quote

Hi i bought tow these wireless remote control extenders and i plugged it to my satellite but can't make it work, i do like per instructions but nothing, what am i doing wrong any help would be appreciated i tried all the ways but no avail.thanks in advance.

[url=http://www.gosatellite.com/Remote-Li...k-extender.htm]GOSatellite.com
ivtec

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:19 am    Post subject: Re: IR remote extenders not working anybody has a clue? Reply with quote

ivtec wrote:
Hi i bought tow these wireless remote control extenders and i plugged it to my satellite but can't make it work, i do like per instructions but nothing, what am i doing wrong any help would be appreciated i tried all the ways but no avail.thanks in advance.

[url=http://www.gosatellite.com/Remote-Li...k-extender.htm]GOSatellite.com

i have here some specs about these IR extenders
do i need DC spliters or dc blockers?

Modulation FSK
Deviation 5khz
center freq. 27.045mghz/27.145mghz
data rate 5kbps
IR emitting freq. 38Khz

IR EXTENDER RECEIVER

Sensivity 90dbm
insertion loss 1.5db ,@ 860MHZ/[email protected]

IF Frequency Current consumption 20 ma typ.
IR Emitting range 5m typ.

IR Extender

Output power -15bm
insertion loss 3db@ 860MHZ
L.O Leakage to tv port 80dbm
current consumption 10mA typ.
torbjorn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure that your satellite receiver's remote control uses just 38 kHz as modulation frequency? Although that is a very common frequency, it is not the only one used. Be prepared to find just about any frequency from 30 to 56 kHz.

Another possibility is if the IR receiver is being blocked by light from, for example a low energy lamp, fluorescent lamp or LED lamp using a high frequency driver.

Do the IR extenders have their own power supply or do they rely on a DC supply via the cable? I see that they use a relative low frequency of 27 MHz, are you sure that there are no filters, splitters, amplifiers etc in the cable that might act as high-pass filters causing high loss at that low frequency?
ivtec

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

torbjorn wrote:
Are you sure that your satellite receiver's remote control uses just 38 kHz as modulation frequency? Although that is a very common frequency, it is not the only one used. Be prepared to find just about any frequency from 30 to 56 kHz.

Another possibility is if the IR receiver is being blocked by light from, for example a low energy lamp, fluorescent lamp or LED lamp using a high frequency driver.

Do the IR extenders have their own power supply or do they rely on a DC supply via the cable? I see that they use a relative low frequency of 27 MHz, are you sure that there are no filters, splitters, amplifiers etc in the cable that might act as high-pass filters causing high loss at that low frequency?

Thanks for helping I 've got this IR working , i gues it doesn't like amps and regular spliters, i'm yet to check with dc passive spliters,i connected strait to a tv alone and had to twick around with the receiverI IR in front of the receiver,it doesn't like to be too close or to separated apart,it was hard to put this thing to work but i got it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия