electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
philco hard disc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alcarr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:40 am    Post subject: philco hard disc Reply with quote

I have a DVD player PHILCO HD-DVD-57, it has a 40GB hard disk drive
thus, I am wondering whether I can change a bigger HDD capacity instead
p.e. a 120 GB disk, without causing any malfunction in the system.
vtech

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not familiar with the specific unit but, I can tell you that just replacing it with a bigger hard drive does NOT automatically give you bigger capacity. The software used to control the drive is the determining factor and must be modified. (if possible)
Several years ago, when I was involved in repairing another brand, the 80GiG hard drive was replaced with a 120~160Gig drive (due to discontinuation) without gaining any additional capacity. At the time, it seemed as it may warrant further investigating but it turned out not to be worth the trouble. To the best of my knowledge, most recorders utilize a Linux operating system which can be modified if you have the tools and know-how.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия