electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Horizontal Deflection coil resistance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rng

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:34 am    Post subject: Horizontal Deflection coil resistance Reply with quote

i am having a problem with lg 14 inch crt monitor (LG 1467 Chasis- CA-32)in which horizontal output transistor blows off after replacement, but it is happening after say 10 to 25 mins normal working, i had changed EHT transformer also. pl help me to fix this problem..

Then tell me how check horizontal deflection coil resistance, my present situation this monitor is showing approx 0 ohms. vertical deflection coil it is showing 8 ohms..

please send me the detaild service manula for the above monitor

my email id is [email protected]

thanks in advance
torbjorn

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is very common that horizontal deflection coils have so low resistance that they cannot be measured with an ordinary multimeter. Typical values are between 0,4 and 0,8 ohms. If you have instruments to measure inductance of the coil, it can typically be 180 to 500 uH. If a mid tap of the coil is accessible, then you should have equal inductance in both halves.

But if the coils were at problem, then the monitor would not work properly the first minutes after replacing the transistor.

I think you should first check whether the transistor is very hot immediately after having failed. In this case, the problem is probably due to bad drive to the transistor's base. Check the driver stage for bad solder joints or bad electrolytic capacitors, and check the waveform at the base of the transistor with a scope.

If the transistor does not get hot when it fails, then the problem is probably due to overvoltage. For instance, due to a flyback capacitor that has gone open circuit or due to a problem in the circuitry to switch in different flyback capacitors depending on actual horizontal frequency that can be found in some monitors.

Also, make sure that you use the monitor at a horizontal frequency which it is officially said to support. Some monitors might sync and produce a useful picture even outside of their intended frequency range.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия