electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Aiwa NSX-330 mini system problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FrankLav

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Aiwa NSX-330 mini system problem Reply with quote

Hello,

My Aiwa NSX-330 system was working ok, I was mainly using it as an amp for the only line in it has, and one day, while it was on, I was trying to adjust the volume via the remote, and it wouldn't respond (though it was on and sound was still outputting). At first I thought it was the remote batteries, since I also tried adjusting bass level, etc.

But the batteries were ok, and when looking at the display of the system, I saw that the normal 5 FFT bars section weren't operating even though sound was produced by the system (from the line-in). Adjusting the volume control manually (the big motorized knob) was working, but everything on the display and electronics was frozen and unresponsive.

Even power off wasn't responding. So I disconnected the power cord, and now have a dead unit: reconnecting the power did not even bring back the usually flashing clock display or anything.

It seems like it can't be the main power fuse, as it was getting power in the "hanged/frozen" state I've found it.

Do anyone have a clue of what I might try to fix it ? (I tried letting it be disconnected from everything for a day, and just plugging power, but still the same: no flashing clock on the display, and of course, no response from hitting the power button).

Thank you for your help,
frank.
Aiwa fan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: NSX-330 Aiwa mini system has problems Reply with quote

I have NSX-350M Aiwa bought used with non-functioning (??) CD changer.

This might help you---it's something that gets a digital set-top-box I have working when all seems lost.

Connect your device to some power outlet that's easily switched off/on.

Turn the power-strip switch off.

Depress the off/on button of your Aiwa and hold it down.

While holding the Aiwa's power button down turn the power strip it's connected to back on.

I can't promise anything and it's been years since you posted this but who knows? Someone else with the same/similar problem with this or some other device may stumble on this and then be able to get their yard-sale treasure functioning. It's worth trying.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия