electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony Trinitron "No can See"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piuny

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:33 am    Post subject: Sony Trinitron "No can See" Reply with quote

Hey
My Sony Trinitron (year 1994) has no picture, has perfect sound, when I switch channels the number of the station flickers twice on the bottom of the screen, it clicks when I turn it on/off.
here are my "few" questions:
What might be the problem? Question
can someone help me with this?
Is it possible not to get played by the technician... can one fix it with a little commomn sense?
where can one read about this? Rolling Eyes

Thanx for any input!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like a verticle deflection problem. You can try replacing the verticle output IC and associated capacitors, but if you do not understand this it is best left to a professional as there are lethal voltages inside a television.
A professional who is good at their job has no need to rip off a customer. Ring a few places near you, tell them what is happening and take it to the one you are most comfortable with. If they regularly service Sony's they may be able to give you a price over the phone.
melw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Sony Reply with quote

This is a common problem with Sonys at about this stage as yours. As the CRT ages, they have a built in circuit which causes IK shutdown when the CRT draws to much beam current. In the early stages, this can usually be corrected by turning up the screen voltage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия