electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
toshiba 32AV500U LCD inverter ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimFraley

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: 32AV500U Reply with quote

I have this TV with sound and no picture. I tried the flash light trick I could see shadow like figures. Can anyone help fix this?
dkollander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 32AV500U Reply with quote

[quote="JimFraley"]I have this TV with sound and no picture. I tried the flash light trick I could see shadow like figures. Can anyone help fix this?"

You probably need an inverter....

Do you hear a sizzling/buzzing sound? if so that probably is the inverter...on my unit is was the slave inverter. No sound ...it still can be the inverter.

At this point you need to take the back off the set and see if it has one or 2 inverters. This model had 2 backlight designs. Early sets made(before April or May 2008) have 2 inverters. either way take the back off and look for one or 2 inverter boards.

If it only has one inverter replace it..if dual inverters and the buzz comes from the right side of the set (the side with the external AV input) that is the slave inverter.

I replaced both inverters on my set even though it just needed the slave inverter.

I have some parts for these sets including 2 tested and working hiu-813-m MASTER inverter boards. $60ea+shipping

Register on this forum then you can PM me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if you are having this exact same issue with a 32AV500U but neither inverter is making any sound at all, no buzzing, no nothing? I have no clue which one is bad and have inspect both visually. Obviously you can't tell squat by looking at them. I put the television back together for now until I can find more information on how to test these. These pieces of crap almost aren't worth replacing with the same parts from the same failed engineers. I told the owner of this set (my wifes aunt) that I would throw it away and buy a better set before I would invest more than $100 in this thing on the same failed parts that will probably blow again in a month or a year, but she insists on having it fixed.
bill_j

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Above post was mine. I registered here because this site seems to be very useful. I have a lot of learning and catching up to do and have been getting more and more electronic junk in my side room to repair. I need to educate at least as fast as it piles up, lol. So how bout them there 32AV500U with the awesome designed dual invertered backlights.
calleriq

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:14 pm    Post subject: HIU-813-S inverter board Reply with quote

Anybody know where I can get the HIU-813-S board ???? Please help, I have tried shop jimmy buy they never have one, thanks in advance
tom redwing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: toshiba 32" lcd tv flashing power button Reply with quote

when plugged in i get a solid power light... But when i try to turn the unit on the light goes out or starts flashing and i get a loud pop through the speakers.After that the screens goes blank and the unit dies no sound no picture and the power light flashes.. I thought it was the power board but have replaced it and still have the same issue... can anyone help me.... PLEASE
tom redwing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: toshiba 32" lcd tv 32av500 flashing power button Reply with quote

when plugged in i get a solid power light... But when i try to turn the unit on the light goes out or starts flashing and i get a loud pop through the speakers.After that the screens goes blank and the unit dies no sound no picture and the power light flashes.. I thought it was the power board but have replaced it and still have the same issue... can anyone help me.... PLEASE
RADMAN

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Which board? Reply with quote

So I have the correct voltages coming from my power supply board. I have the dark picture that I can still see if I shine a bright light. I have no buzzing at all. From what I read above, that tells me that I have a bad inverter board. How do I find out which board I need to replace, master or slave? Who currently has these boards in stock? Thanks.
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usless flip responce? I guess if you post the same question in more than one place you'll get a faster answer. That's why we delete multiple posts.
RADMAN

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, your first reply was a useless flip response. You berated me for having not read a post which I obviously did, since I referenced specific advice from that thread. I originally posted the question here, but since there had been no activity on this particular thread for some days, I decided it would be better to post it as a new topic. I apologize if that was inappropriate. Now that I am following the correct protocol, are you going to continue to badger me, or will you just allow another person to assist me with my question? Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия