electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
samsung PS-42Q7HD power supply schematic wanted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markymark

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: samsung PS-42Q7HD power supply schematic wanted Reply with quote

does anyone have or know where i can get the power supply diagram for the samsung model number: ps-42q7hd. ?

i need to replace a zenner diode marked Z22AP but need to know voltage & watt rating for this diode.

thankyou
vtech

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chances of finding the diagram are pretty slim. But I can tell you that in general, if/when you can see a marking on a Zener, it is pretty safe bet to select it as it's rating . In this case 22volt and if a glass package, 1 watt will do.
Another way to check is to look at the dc rating of any of the electrolytic capacitors that are tied to the same line which will usually be close or slightly higher than the actual value(22). More than likely the Zener in question is used as a crow bar protection on that line and may OR may not be the only problem in the circuit?
Also in looking at the following page on a Samsung, toward the bottom half of the page, you can see the same diode listing with 3 more using the same Zxx listing for glass Zeners which translates to...18V, 22V, 4.7v,9.1v respectively
http://www2.electronicproducts.com/Samsung_LN-R408DX_HDTV_LCD_TV_-whatsinside_text-48.aspx

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks vtech.

if the original is Z22AP, 22v glass package diode and you say ok to use a rating of 1 watt.

i do have some 24v 1.3w glass package diodes would it be ok to use these or would i need to use exact voltage ?

thank you
markymark

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please disregard my last message as thinking about im sure these rating diodes will be fine.

just a few more different components to change which tested shorted and i will check the rail voltage and fire her up.
vtech

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, as you mentioned, 24v should be fine.

Remember though, if you have "burned" parts on that same line, it is usually indicative that it has lost regulation & shot upward causing the zener to clamp and burn whatever is tied to.
...meaning that if/when you replace them, it is likely that will happen again. Best way to prevent destruction of the new parts is to use a Variac(if you have one) to slowly bring up the main voltage as you monitor the line with a voltmeter.
Again in general, if everything is working, you should see a rise and leveling off below the 22V or else the zener will avalanch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия