electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
hp vs15 monitor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aaron8699

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: hp vs15 monitor Reply with quote

I have this monitor that starts up for a couple seconds and then goes black. After ripping it apart and testing everything it seems to be a n channel mosfet transistor. I can't seem to find a replacement anywhere ithout buying 1000 of them or paying $20 for shipping. Any thoughts? The number on the transistor is
FQPF 7N65C
jts1957

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?lang=en&site=US&WT.mc_id=hp_go_button&KeyWords=7N65C&x=0&y=0
vtech

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..another example of "not worth it " for the average Joe consumer. Are you sure it is the problem? Mosfets don't seem to go bad -- they either work or short out.
Can't tell you about the shipping as most have minimum rates ($20.00 is not uncommon in today's rates)
Little search shows Mouser stocking it with no minimum quantity-- no idea about the shipping?
http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=FQPF+7N65C

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your right the mosfet wasn't bad. I am novice at best with electronics and am still learning how to test everything. I initialy did a regular transistor test and it showed bad but I just tried testing it as a mosfet and it shows good. Well I have no idea what is wrong with the monitor than. I checked the main capacitors already. When everything was together and I turned it on it would light up for a couple seconds with the computers desktop and then go dark, but I could still see a faint picture in the backround. The picture was so faint that I couldn't make out any words when I hit the menue button. Do you guys have any ideas, Thanks for the reply
dp2

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, i have a hp vs 15 also and im having problems with it, it wont come on at all. I've been trying to take it apart but i can't seem to find how. I took the frame out and part of the base. There is a screw on the base that i can't get to. Any info on how to disassemble the monitor will be really appreciated.

thanks
have a nice day
sc3samhain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: cold cathode flourescent has issues. Reply with quote

typically when the cold cathode backlight goes out the power supply will detect that the light does not work, even if one of em works, and then the monitor will turn off aprox. 3 seconds after you turn it on. if you see the image on the montor, but their is no backlighting, then the failure is likely in the cold cathode backlight driver circuit since it is unlikely that both ccl's would burn at once.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия