electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Schematics or repair instruction info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mickevans

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Schematics or repair instruction info Reply with quote

Hello .

Can anyone please help me . I have a
Goodmans Freeview Digital TFT LCD TV Model GTVL19W17HDF and has a serial number Goo39o6o2655.

After a very short intermittant failure to start up problem it gave up all together, stand by light faintly on.

I took it to the repair shop who said they changed a S\C Diode LT7736 on the power circuit with another one BA159 to no avail, now they say they cannot get a power board or parts and to go away..

Can some one supply a drawing or schematic that I can use, ideas on what the problem may be, anything.Please.

Mick
vtech

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not familiar with the specific set but, very unlikely to be able to find a "schematic" for the power supply. Pretty much most of these sets are done at board level(even if available) which frequently turns out to be uneconomical. (planned obsolescence)

Any way to contact the manufacturer? (.. waste of time,I know)
If you are pretty good with circuits in general and willing to spend the time, you could try tackling it by doing some visual &/or measurements on various spots in the supply. Sometimes there may be markings around the connectors? Devices like voltage regulator IC in/out pins. Perhaps around the diode in question? Bulging /leaky caps etc. What about the "standby"voltage line and it's level?--may be necessary to take out the board and follow trace(s).
As a general rule, for any circuit to operate properly, you'd always need to have a "standby" voltage running as soon as plugged in to the mains. Perhaps the standby is where the problem is? If there is any sort of LED indicator, it is almost always tied in to the standby line (usually 5v) which provides yet another path for troubleshooting with no print....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject: Goodmans power up problem Reply with quote

Embarassed Thanks VTech.

The standby light is working when you apply power albeit not very bright.

As mentioned Manufacturer and supplier a waste of time boards not available yet this set is still being sold new on some sites.

I would not mind but I purchased it as new and the guy who sold it to me doesnt want to know simply says hope you can get it fixed!!

Powered up intermittantly to start with now nothing, there was a faint smell but I thought it smelt like a plastic warming up smell because the set was new
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия