electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
remote kill project electroniclly minded person required

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcl1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: remote kill project electroniclly minded person required Reply with quote

Hello There

I wonder if there is anyone who can help me with my predicament i am looking for some suggestions help on the following

My son has a suzuki LT50 quad bike i am trying to integrate a remote kill switch that works upto say 50 feet,just in case he rolls / it gets in trouble!!, this would be easy enough as many import quads have a motorcyle alarm with a remote engine/start,stop button..

unfortuantley this particular quad along with many other offroad motocross bikes doe not have its on 12V power supply therefore there is no way to integrate and charge a battery... Can anyone think of a way of doing this maybe with some low voltage transmitter / reciever that acts remotley and would act as a remote kill switch

I am based in the UK and am hoping someone can suggest something that is readily available that i can intergrate

Thanks Dave

I dont mind paying someone a fee for helping with this and maybe there is a niche market for this thing??? i am sure there are many other parents out there with the same concerns as me
torbjorn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many simple remote control units aimed at hobbyists, available at distributors like RS Components, Farnell, Velleman, Conrad etc. I would suggest that you use a such one and let it control a relay or triac which you connect in parallel to the engine's kill switch. Make sure that the switching component used has enough rated voltage, as peak voltages up to 300 V may occur across the kill switch of small engines.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия