electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Dynex DX-LCD32-09 LCD TV Problem
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheebster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Dynex DX-LCD32-09 LCD TV Problem Reply with quote

Hi. I have a problem with this dynex tv, it shows only 1/3 of the screen correctly, the rest is distorted. I have no idea where to start, ive never troubleshooted such issues with a lcd tv. Any one has any pointers or tips for me on this one ? Any help would be really appreciated !!

Here are pics of what it does:

[/img]
minnie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's either the digital main board 6HV0016910
or the tcon which has no part number available.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi minnie. What can be bad on a such main board to produce a such effect ?

Replacing a board ain't real troubleshooting, is it ? Smile
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Hi minnie. What can be bad on a such main board to produce a such effect ?

Replacing a board ain't real troubleshooting, is it ? Smile

Welcome to reality. The boards like $63. You could try and replace the 128 pin flat pack IC.... Trust me unless the manufacture puts out a common fix or someone like me spends hours going component to component it's more "cost effective" to replace the board. Sucks but welcome to the 21st century where a power supply for a 52" SAMSUNG LCD is $42...
torbjorn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently saw a similar, but heat related problem on a Grundig/BEKO LCD tv. After switching on cold, it worked well for 30-60 minutes and then a part of the screen (from about 20 % from left edge to mid-screen) got more and more flashing and pixellated until there were only vertical bars in that area.

It turned out that it is the panel driver IC, not located on the main board but internal in the LCD panel, which is heat sensitive. The panel is a 23" LG/Philips part, the tv was manufactured in 2005 or 2006.
Lance

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:29 am    Post subject: solution Reply with quote

Hey, I have the same tv as well the dx-lcd32-09 Dynex 32" and mine is doing the same thing it only shows 1/3 and on mine it will actually flicker on and off so sometimes its there and sometimes not. But it drove me nuts that this happened so i took it apart down to the last piece and what i found out is that its nothing going out its actually a connection issue with the LCD screen and the ribbon cable an boards that run along the top and down the left side of the screen. on mine it was the left side so i made sure everything was tightened and put a piece of folded cardboard in the left side between the frame and the board. i put it back together and works great let me know how it goes if you feel you wanna attempt this fix... good luck Smile
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: solution Reply with quote

Lance wrote:
Hey, I have the same tv as well the dx-lcd32-09 Dynex 32" and mine is doing the same thing it only shows 1/3 and on mine it will actually flicker on and off so sometimes its there and sometimes not. But it drove me nuts that this happened so i took it apart down to the last piece and what i found out is that its nothing going out its actually a connection issue with the LCD screen and the ribbon cable an boards that run along the top and down the left side of the screen. on mine it was the left side so i made sure everything was tightened and put a piece of folded cardboard in the left side between the frame and the board. i put it back together and works great let me know how it goes if you feel you wanna attempt this fix... good luck Smile

Hows Josh?
Guest13

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having the exact issue described above...
Is there really no true "fix" other than replacing boards?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this exact issue from this exact TV model.
I bought and replaced the DSP board, did not help.

Could be the T-Con board... will update this thread if that works.
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try reseating the ribbon cables from the tcon to the panel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия