electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
PSM210-417A-R Power Supply, cannot locate fault.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Finhert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: PSM210-417A-R Power Supply, cannot locate fault. Reply with quote

This PS is from a 32" Prima LCD Tv. I am certain the TV overheated as it was enclosed behind plexiglass without ventilation for many months.

At first the picture cut out (both backlight and image), but the standby led remained lit.
The next day, the standby led cut out too.

There is no voltage on the 5v Stby output.
One of the caps (#601 35v100uf) is quite bulged at the top of the can.
Also the large main smoothing cap (I think thats what it is, its on the primary side) has a very slight bulge @ the top.
I noticed there are TONS of repair kits available, but I dont want to waste my time or money until I can determine w/o a doubt where the prob lies. Obviously I should replace the two caps.
But the repair kit sites say that usually IC301 blows too, and other components.
Very time consuming I know, but should I remove each component one by one and test them? Please dont advise me to get a tech, I want to attempt this myself.
Thanks everyone for reading, ANY advice will be heeded and updates posted.
From Toronto.....
Andrew
jts1957

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of this job (electronics troubleshooting) is "educated guessing." With the limited information that's available for these products, this is sometimes the best you can do. Without testing each component in the suspect area, you cannnot rule it in or out. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия