electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Pioneer VSX-451 receiver problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueMoon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:36 am    Post subject: Pioneer VSX-451 receiver problem Reply with quote

My receiver started responding intermittantly to the remote a few weeks ago. It has become increasingly worse. It is not the batteries or connections in the remote, I am sure of that.

Everything works on the receiver, just not via the remote. It is to the point now where the power switch works sometimes, the volume will sometimes go up but never down, the rear level speaker adjustment will sometimes go up but never down, and some of the other buttons are inactive all the time.

I use this with my HDTV and other components and it has become too frustrating to use anymore.

I assume the problem is more likely in the receiver than in the remote? I don't see where the remote even comes apart?

Any suggestions on what I might look for. I have the receiver apart and the front panel detached and board removed, but I don't see any apparent problems anywhere such as fried components, etc.

Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks.

-Blue
irobot

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:33 am    Post subject: Buy a new Remote Reply with quote

The problem is in the remote.

The remotes do come apart, held together by tabs. Very difficult to get apart if you don't have any experience.

Remotes behave erratic from breaks in PCB traces due to mishandling.

Even if you do get it apart, they cant be repaired (in most cases). Buy a new one.
risenbar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been having the same problem.

After serveral hours of troubleshooting both receiver and remote I found no problem.

What I did notice is that after the receiver has been unplugged and replugged in the remote starts to work.

After noticing this, the next time the remote stopped working, I unpluged the receiver. After plugging back in the remote started working again.

It seems the problem is with the receiver not the remote as this works every time.

I have not been able to find a problem in the receiver.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that tip. I have since replaced that receiver, but I still use it occasionally in another room. I will try your method the next time the problem shows up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия