electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Yamaha RX-V650 won't power on
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thiPo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Yamaha RX-V650 won't power on Reply with quote

When i came back from a holliday, my receiver won't power up anymore.
Only after unplugging and replugging the mains plug, i am able to turn it on.

At first I only needed to unplug once, but now i sometimes have to try ten times or more. I noticed as well that it gets worse when the receiver is allready warm.

I can't hear the mains relay click when i press the on button.
When it does click, the receiver works without a problem, although, sometimes it just powers down by itself.

The receiver in won't come in "Failsafe" (DIAG) mode either.

Has anyone allready fixed a receiver with these problems, or can anyone hazard a guess as to what's going on?

Thanks in advance,
Pol
jts1957

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puffed electrolytics in a power supply?
thiPo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jts1957 wrote:
Puffed electrolytics in a power supply?

I will check it out next weekend.

But i found out that when the receiver won't power on, the semi trancelucent power direct button fades on and off in a very dim blue light.

Very strange,
Hopefully it is just a puffed capacitor of a malfunctioning thermistor...
Drdave

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the mains relay and make sure it is passing a AC to the power transformer.We have had a few cases of intermittent mains relays.
Let us know.
thiPo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't find any puffed capacitors or burned/marked spots on the power PCB. There isn't any notice in the diag mode either.

The main relay seems fine: when presseng the power/standby button, one side gets drawn to ground, and the relay clicks. So the relay seems fine. When the receiver won't come on, one leg of the relay isn't drawn to the ground.
I checked the diode, below the relay, and they had their required values.

The powerbutten (pushbutton) seems to be working as normal as well.

Drdave have you found cases where the relay only failed when the receiver was plugged in, for some time?

Could the problem be a capacitor with an excessive leaking current? So over time the capacitor gets charged, and when "full" the relay haven't got enough power? to stay on?[/b]
jts1957

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try electrolytic in power source that feeds the coil of that relay (usually in 47ufd to 330ufd value range). Wink

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jts1957 wrote:
Try electrolytic in power source that feeds the coil of that relay (usually in 47ufd to 330ufd value range). Wink

Do you mean by try: desolder, check component and resolder?

I don't think that the error is to be located on the sub trans PCB: the transistor, controlling the relay isn't powered (no voltage on the base) when the receiver doesn't comes on.

So i'll continue to search Smile
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $10.77 and downloaded immediately after payment
from http://www.justmanuals.com

[email protected]

Need a manual now? Instant Download
http://www.justmanuals.com
thiPo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I allready have a service manual,
but thanks anyway Smile

Btw, the guest post was mine as well.
hdtkid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: power isue with yamaha rx-v650 Reply with quote

i have the same yamaha reciever and same isue. well to start anyhow.

mine started with me needing to unplug and reconect the power cord for the unit to make it power up.

tho more recently its become alot worse. now after its been on for a wile (times from say 1hour and over) it can begin to turn it self off and then straight back on again.

other times its will turn off stay off for maybe 20-30min then turn it self back on.

last night it turned off again, after doing some searching online i disconected the power supply and cleaned the terminals ect... reseated what conections i could reach and stragely after being with out power for 40-50min as soon as i reconected everything and pluged in the power it turned it self on. so the relay or a microchip (something in the unit) still knew it was ment to be switched on.

i have tryed the unit with a fan in front, on a cold night and still turns off, also tryed with a heater in the room on a hot day and it didnt make it turn off for 4 hours (i started to feal sick b4 the unit turned off)

im out of idears. i hope this extra info can be of use to ThiPo and DrDave to assist us.

with my google search it seams there are many RX-v650s with the same problem
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия