electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Yamaha RX-V650 won't power on
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hdtkid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

few things i forgot to add.......

sometimes i have to hold the mains power button down to make it power up (2-4 sec) then turns on. (on the unit it self not remote)

and when i pulled the unit apart i didnt notice any burn marks, puffed capacitors ect..... it all looked fine.

dose anyone know where i could buy the replacement powersupply any relay for the unit if i can get it for under $150aud i might just try replace it insted of sending it to another technition.

i did send it away for service and they couldn't find any problems. they said it MAY be caused by a power isue at the power point or with bad voltage in the house in general. but having said that my 2pcs, modem, voip, router, clock ect that all share the same power point never have problems.
thiPo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

During this sunday i'll be working on the receiver again,
hopefully the source of our problems can be discovered.
Drdave

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: RX-v650 Reply with quote

I would remove the memory backup capacitor,and check to see if you see any signs of leakage from the cap.If so clean the pcb and install a new capacitor. I would recheck the mains relay and make sure it is switching on the ac voltage to the main power transformer.I think this unit has an impedance switch on the back panel,move the switch a couple of times with the unit off to clear the contacts.Let us know if any of this helps & Good luck.
hdtkid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

last night i flicked the impedence switch from the 4/8/6/6/6/6 over to 8/16/8/8/8. all my speakers are 6ohm, my mains tho are 8.

im not confident enough to try removing things off the pcb. unless it stoped working all togeather.

i will post back tonight if i have any luck (i live in australia so im aobut 12hours ahead of the time shown on the forum time stamps)

Cheers DRdave

thipo, what impedence is your reciever set to and what are your speakers rated for ?
hdtkid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my reciever has been fine all day 2day.

i only switched the impedence switch. will post back if i have any more problems but atm its seams fine and i have been playing music and watching dvds all day.

my neighbours are gunner kill me but was only was to test it lol

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: RX-v650 Reply with quote

Drdave wrote:
I would remove the memory backup capacitor,and check to see if you see any signs of leakage from the cap.If so clean the pcb and install a new capacitor. I would recheck the mains relay and make sure it is switching on the ac voltage to the main power transformer.I think this unit has an impedance switch on the back panel,move the switch a couple of times with the unit off to clear the contacts.Let us know if any of this helps & Good luck.

There is no sign of a leaking capacitor on any of the pcb's. When the receiver isn't powering on, the mains relay isn't driven (no voltage on the driver coil of the relay).
I haven't got any time to investigate the problem further, but i will try the impedance switch.

hdtkid wrote:
thipo, what impedence is your reciever set to and what are your speakers rated for ?

My speakers are rated:
Front speakers
Impedance: 4-8 Ohm
Centre speaker
Rear Speakers
The switch is set to 4/8/6/6/6/6.
hdtkid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had the same setting, try flicking it over. im not convinced its solved my problem yet. but last 2-3 weeks my reciever was turning off a few times a day, 2day it didnt play up once. (a few is being nice).

just to confirm for you my speakers.....

front: 8 ohms
center/ rear/ rear suround and zone 2 are all 6 ohm.

i hope this fixes our problems
Drdave

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject: RX-V650 Reply with quote

It's not so much the setting of the speaker impedance switch, it's the intermittent switch contacts that can cause this problem.Cleaning the switch can sometimes help, but replacement is the only real fix.
thiPo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: RX-V650 Reply with quote

Drdave wrote:
It's not so much the setting of the speaker impedance switch, it's the intermittent switch contacts that can cause this problem.Cleaning the switch can sometimes help, but replacement is the only real fix.

Flicking the switch didn't help for me, i'm going to take the receiver apart, and try to find the probem.

hdtkid, do you have the same effect: when i hold the on/off button for some time: it almost always powers on.
--> this looks as a problem with a capacitor in my opinion, although there is no apparent damage to any of them (leakage, burnmarks of getting round).
hdtkid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i have the same thing... if i hold the power down it dose tend to come on (most times) few times it has stayed off for hours on end no matter what i do.

my unit was fine for the last few days in the last hour or 2 tho its been on and off again Sad

2 of my local yamaha service centers cant find anything. but they claim it dose not even turn off in the shop. both places are saying its the power in my house. lack of amps or volts.

2day when it was switching off i had 2pcs running and my heater. and it started turning off and on 2-3 times a min.

soon as i turned off my heater and my 2nd pc, and the reciever stayed on.

also im thinking in my case its been happening mostly at night (maybe the hot water system is draining to much juice when it kicks in)

how can i test for this ? apart from pulling out the fuse for the H/W system
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия