electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Yamaha RX-V650 won't power on
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elekos

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: RX-V650 power on-off problem Reply with quote

C405 capacitor is very important to proper standby voltage. Install new , even if original looks fine. By the way- on the C406 should be not less as 7.00 VDC, and sometimes add extra capacity to the C411 will help. For sure, check all ground connections, especially on the main and on the DSP module. Smile
thiPo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have much time to try to fix mine, but when i look for C405, C405 and C411 are on the "sub trans PCB".
C405 is a PP capacitor (polypropylene??), with a capacitance of 0,022µF and a volatge rating of 630V.
C406 is an elco with a capacitance of 1µF and a rating of 50V
C411 is an elco as well, with a capacitance of 3300µF and a rating of 16V.

Are these the ones you mean?

Is the problem C405 measurable in the circuit, or do I have to desolder them and measure then?
Ancoor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: RX-V650 power on-off problem Reply with quote

elekos wrote:
C405 capacitor is very important to proper standby voltage. Install new , even if original looks fine. By the way- on the C406 should be not less as 7.00 VDC, and sometimes add extra capacity to the C411 will help. For sure, check all ground connections, especially on the main and on the DSP module. Smile

Thanks Elekos and thiPo... I had these exactly symptoms with no power and with the "flickering" dim blue "direct" button on my RX-V650. I purchased the 3 capacitors according to elekos list above for approx $2, but needed only to replace C405 before it started to work again.

I couldn't test all ground connections, because I don't have the service manual.

I haven't yet fully tested it all warmed up, and with everything attached, but I'll let you know if the problem turns up again.

HUGE THANKS! Smile
ThiPo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: RX-V650 power on-off problem Reply with quote

Where did you purchase your PPcapacitor? I can't find a shop which sells one with a right footprint.

Ancoor wrote:
elekos wrote:

Thanks Elekos and thiPo... I had these exactly symptoms with no power and with the "flickering" dim blue "direct" button on my RX-V650. I purchased the 3 capacitors according to elekos list above for approx $2, but needed only to replace C405 before it started to work again.

I couldn't test all ground connections, because I don't have the service manual.

I haven't yet fully tested it all warmed up, and with everything attached, but I'll let you know if the problem turns up again.

HUGE THANKS! Smile
Ancoor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm lycky enough to have this resellers shop around the corner from home in sweden. Smile
https://www1.elfa.se/elfa~eu_en/b2b/start.do
Choose the country closest to you...

The largest they have (I think) is a footprint of 7.5 mm, part number 65-562-11. I bought a 5 mm, and it was not the right footprint (as you describe yourself) but I did use a small extra cable extension. Check if 7.5 mm is enough.

The 2 electrolytes I bought, but never replaced, was...
c411 - 3300 uF/ 16V - part number : 67-012-13
c406 - 1 uF / 50V - part number : 67-013-12

Note, I haven't really had the time to fully reconnected everything yet for complete testing. Wait a few days, and I'll check that everything seems "ok".
Ancoor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThiPo, 65-562-29 should have the correct footprint...
22nF/630V 10mm
ThiPo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My local electronics store can order the same: Evox Rifa PHE450MB5220JR06, 22 nF – 630V Dimensions: 5.5x10.5x18mm - pitch: 15mm
Minimum 5pcs at €0,5 a piece.

I'll wait to order them until you confirm that everything is working again!
I can mail the other 4 to people who can't find the right one near their location.
Ancoor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tested it since yesterday for approximatly 6 hours. Everything seems ok. All inputs "ok", loudspeakers "ok". Several tests to start from standby without any problems and everything is now connected.
ThiPo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've ordered the capacitors.
I'll report if my receiver has been fixed.
ThiPo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My receiver has been fixed as well by replacing C405 (PPCap)!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия