electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony Vega KV-32FS100 "Initial Setup" Screen Won't

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hawks10

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Sony Vega KV-32FS100 "Initial Setup" Screen Won't Reply with quote

Whenever I turn on my Sony Vega, the black box that reads:

Initial Setup

Auto Program (Chan +)
Exit (Chan -)

This box blinks intermitently and will not go away. I press channel up or down and it still comes back. I unplugged the TV for many different intervals and the problem is still there.

This prohibits me from changing channels or accessing the menu to try to fix it. Anyone know what I can do?
ctselectronics

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Sony KV32V35 - same exact symptom. Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a set with the same exact symptom in shop. Remote functions are inop while the menu is up, front panel controls work, however. I've tried changing the remote sensor already.
djmont

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this same problem with my KV32FS100. Very frustrating!

Does anyone have any ideas on how to remedy it?
HK797

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Sony Vega 27" had the same problem. I simply held down (on the front of the TV, not the remote) the channel+ button and allowed it to race through the channels a few times. Not a very high-tech solution but the "initial setup box" hasn't popped-up again and thats been several months ago. Hope it works for you.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had this going on with the 36" version of the above set. Tried the channel up trick for about 2 minutes and thus far (2 days) I haven't seen the menu appear.

Thanks!
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main reason is you use a glass cleaner and it drips onto the switches, or IC302 is running at 2vdc instead of 5vdc. If all else fails, change ic302 if cleaning/replacing the switches doesn't work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия