electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony TV Model KP-53XBR35 Power Supply problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bigaltoo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Sony TV Model KP-53XBR35 Power Supply problems Reply with quote

Have been troubleshooting captioned for several hours. All DC voltages are either low or zero. Cannot locate short. Power transformer primary voltage is 62 AC which seems low.
Haven't serviced TV's in several years. Schematic states all voltages taken from ground unless noted to contrary. Primary and secondary seem to have separate grounds although symbols the same (????). Advice and suggestions please. Cordially, Alan
Neo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: What means THP651 Reply with quote

I`m working on the power supply of a TV Sony and in the diagram and Board it`s written THP651, it`s a little black box with three terminals and I don`t know what is it? Somebody know?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean by the power transformer?

The primary ground needs to be isolated from the secondary ground for safety reasons. Make sure you are measuring from the correct ground on a component. Most heatsinks are not at ground potential.

There should be nearly 320 Volts dc across the mains capacitor, if not check the bridge rectifier.
gary

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: What means THP651 Reply with quote

Neo wrote:
I`m working on the power supply of a TV Sony and in the diagram and Board it`s written THP651, it`s a little black box with three terminals and I don`t know what is it? Somebody know?

it is probably the degauss thermistor which is used to remove any stray magnetic field variations round the crt, that is the loud buzzing noise you heere briefly at startup. cant be sure without knowing tv model no.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия