electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony KV-29FQ85 - LED flashes 8 Times

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonicElectronic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject: Sony KV-29FQ85 - LED flashes 8 Times Reply with quote

Hello to all,

first I want to say: I’m from germany and my english is not really good. So please excuse.

Now I want to tell you about my problem:

My TV is a Sony KV-29FQ85 with Chassis AE-6BAD.

I was a little bit curious. I wanted to get a better picture, so I was playing with the service menu.

At one alignment the button on the remote control was hanging and the level of this alignment was running too fast too high.

So the TV was shutting down and now the LED flashes 8 times.

The writing in the Service Manual says: Error 08 – Horizontal Protection.

Now, when I turn on the TV, the picture comes for 3-4 seconds and the TV shuts down. The picture is very bright now.

This time is not enough to get into Service Menu and restore any settings to the default value.

I heard about one solution:

It’s like bypass or disable the protection circuit in any way by desoldering a diode, cut the circuit or something like that. So the TV doesn’t shut down and I can quickly restore this one alignment / setting.

I hope you understand what I mean.

It’s equal if this is good for the TV. It has to be my problem. Please don’t care about this. I want to try it.

So my Question to you:

Can someone please take a look in the Service Manual to tell me the following two things:

1. On which Board is the Protection Circuit?

2. Which Diode; or anything like this, I have to cut from the circuit to bypass or disable the protection?

Her you can get the Service Manual with the electric diagrams (Multipart-Download):

http://www.eserviceinfo.com/downloadsm/39579/Sony_KV-29FQ85E_29FQ85K.html

I really hope someone can help me. I will be really grateful.

Greets to you.
jts1957

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find the Screen control (usually on the Flyback or CRT neck board), MARK its position and rotate CCW to lower the brightness of the picture, do the reset of that one parameter, and put the control back on the mark.

Good things seldom happen to the person who doesn't understand that the SERVICE menus are for trained technicians.
TonicElectronic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ jts1957

Hey man, thank you for your reply...

I really don't understand this technical terms in english, but i think you are talking about this:

But this opportunity I was already testing a few days ago. -> The same fault, you just can see the osd better, but the tv is still shutting down.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : ïúòåøåñòâèÿ