electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
compaq monitor v700

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piwoaugustin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: compaq monitor v700 Reply with quote

Good morning Sir
my monitor is bad. Please cant you help me to localise the fault?
After several times of demagnetasation, it went off. I have check the supply fuse it is ok. [/img]file:///home/piwo/Bureau/340562.JPG
Pentode

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really isn't that easy to say "Oh yeah, change that and it'll be OK", abit like giving me a ball of string and asking me the length as I won't know until I measure it.

Quote:
After several times of demagnetasation
, this does sound like a mains power failure or simply the low voltage standby supply, afraid thats all I can offer without checking with appropriate equipment.

From the above it seems that you have been having colored blotches, would this be the reason for keep having to demagnetized the screen... the failure could be the posistor, basically a positive and negative co-efficient thermister combined.

The first question is, is the standby light on or is it completely dead, no standby light could well be no power to the set... faulty power switch for example... you do need to check the fuses because they may look OK but they can and do deceivingly go open circuit... or it could well be the low voltage standby supply itself, without this there will be no power to switch the main power supply on.

Beware...!
There are lethal voltages inside a monitor or TV set that can prove fatal.... Its the volts that jolt and the mills that kill.... mills is the current in milli-amperes, 1 millionth of an amp.

If you are not a engineer it would be better and safer to take it in for repair, this would also avoid any possible further damage.

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия