electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
EPS 2407 25v lead acid. Automatic Switch mode charger died.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Weblight Studio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: EPS 2407 25v lead acid. Automatic Switch mode charger died. Reply with quote

This charger keeps my three-wheeled mobility aid charged. It is the only transport I have these days.

When you are disabled it is very difficult to get people to give an honest assessment of repairs to things like this. The machine is owned by a community service but provided to me on a permanent basis. If it still works when I die someone else will get it.

They will look after the repairs but the process can take months and I am often locked out of it to the point where the solution may not mean I get what I need. The community service will ask someone to make a report on what is needed, then get a quote, then make an order, then place the order, then someone will pick up the parts, change the quote because there was something the community service did not know to tell them, hunt for parts and finally months later I will get a result

I need to find information and have it at hand before I contact the community group for assistance. If I do.

I was a hobbyist and made simple battery chargers and kits before the disabilities became too much of a problem and the costs too high for the support payments. That is not really relevant though. Probably TMI

My question at first is are these items normally repaired or are they replaced. Do they contain such thing as fuses or other replaceable components? I should check before I allow someone to get their hands on it?

I don't want to take the food out of some techies mouth but I was cold last winter and have saved enough to get some warm stuff for the bed. I feel a little ill spending it on repairs if I could avoid it.

Anyone know a reliable repairer out this way?
vtech

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not familiar with the unit but in looking at it through a search it appears to be more than a simple charger. No doubt it has an internal fuse protection but I doubt it would be something for you to attempt.
More than likely it is repaired rather than replaced but I suppose it is up to the community/owner and I can only imagine the complexity and frustration involved.
Perhaps contacting EPS direct might arm you with a better knowledge as to the procedure. Wish I had a better solution as you are half a world away.
http://www.epspl.com.au/
Weblight Studio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback . It is similar to my own thoughts.

Smile
Weblight Studio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I followed the link you give there. An email to the company was replied to almost instantly and they feel I should mail the unit to them by overnight. They will fix it as fast as... and mail it back.

Solution in sight Surprised
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия