electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
How to enhance video brightness for samsung crt monitor CDP1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: How to enhance video brightness for samsung crt monitor CDP1 Reply with quote

I WANT TO ENHANCE OR ADJUST THE BRIGHTNESS OF MY SAMSUNG CRT MONITOR CDP15B1(G) BUT I CANNOT FIND ANY ADJUSTMENT INSIDE IT HAS ONLY ITS PRESET BRIGHTNESS DJUSTMENT IN THE FRONT PANEL BUT I NEED TO ADJUST MUCH BRIGHTNESS FOR MY PROJECT CAN YOU HELP ME Question
torbjorn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the brightness has detoriated over the years due to wear of the CRT, then you can restore somewhat of the lost brightness by increasing the screen grid (G2) voltage of the CRT. Usually, this is done by the lower of the two rotary controls on the flyback transformer (the other one is for focus adjustment).

Set the front panel controls to minimum contrast and brightness and then carefully increase the screen grid voltage until you see a dim raster with retrace lines, then decrease the screen grid voltage until the raster just disappears. This is best done in a dim ambient lighting. Finally, adjust the front panel controls to desired brightness and contrast.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия