electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Dismantle rear projection tv

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
philber

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Dismantle rear projection tv Reply with quote

I have a Hitachi 55fx20b and I am taking it apart to trash it. Is there any remaining voltage inside that I need to be aware of?
Pentode

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, any high voltage capacitors could give a nasty shock if fully charged, they can be discharged with 15 or 100 watt house hold light bulb or use a 1K ohm resistor at least 1 watt rating... place across suspected capacitor for a minute or so.

The tubes pose the real danger, short the anode cap to the tubes outer coating with two well insulated screwdrivers, sliding one under the rubber cup whiles shorting the metal blade to the graphite outer coating on the tube with the other one... NOTE WELL INSULATED SCREWDRIVERS Do this two or three times for a few seconds or so.

To discharge the capacitors you could use a insulated screwdriver shorting the terminals with the metal blade --- trouble is this could damage the screwdriver if the capacitors are freshly charged.... I prefer the lamp bulb myself for discharging the capacitors.

Dave
philber

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Pentode
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия