electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Samsung TV TX-P1430 won't turn on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steven1955

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:00 am    Post subject: Samsung TV TX-P1430 won't turn on. Reply with quote

I have a Samsung CRT flatscreen TX-P1430 that won't turn on. (Other info on the label: Model code TXP1430AX/XAA, Type # FM15K5) Actually that's not totally true. If you plug it in and immediately turn it on with either the remote or the front panel power button it will turn on, and the TV operates perfectly. But if you plug it in and wait about 3-5 seconds you hear a relay click, and then the TV won't turn on. If you press the remote's power button you see the green LED on the TV front panel blink 3 times, but TV stays off, and if you press the power button on the TV the TV also stays off but without the LED blinking.

I saw a post on the Samsung TX-T2782 that said to check the C800 filter cap. My symptoms aren't the same, but I checked my C801 filter cap (220 mfd@200V) and it measured at 220 mfd.

Any ideas on what to check. I can't justify throwing a lot of money at this TV, but it's a nice TV so I'm hoping for an easy fix.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double checked for damaged components and cold solder joints and found none. Reflowing the solder on all of the power supply components made no difference.

While this is a nice TV when it works, it's only a 13 inch TV. Even when working perfectly it's not worth much more than the purchase cost of a schematic. So off to the recyler it went.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия