electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Help! Sony KE-37XS910 Plasma has a vertical line!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Playdrv4me

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:26 am    Post subject: Help! Sony KE-37XS910 Plasma has a vertical line! Reply with quote

Hello All,

Ive recently acquired a Sony KE-37XS910 Plasma television, it is a beautiful TV and works very well except for one annoying problem. When the set warms up after about 10 minutes, a "line" of sorts creeps in to the furthest leftmost part of the screen about 3 or pixels wide all the way down the screen. It is NOT a solid line but rather an oscillating array of all the colors of the rainbow depending on the image adjacent to it on the screen. Once the set cools down and then is turned back on again its fine until several minutes later again.

The only other symptom is an occasional "click click" sound as the warm up happens and also as it cools down. It sounds like a relay click but Ive verified its not the main power board relay. My best guess is that a board might be cracked and with heat expands and then the connection for those pixels is lost. I read through the service manual for the PFM42V1 on this site and it seems to indicate the failure on a board, but Im not sure how to determine which.

Help!
mark

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bad panel. sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

use it for what its worth then toss it. the panel costs more than the set does.
[email protected]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Sony KE 37XS910 Reply with quote

I also have an intermitent vertical ine on the right side of my Sony KE 37XS910 flat panel Color TV. I'm hearing a lot of this. For $5000 a year and a half ago I expected better. It's out of warranty. Does anyone know of a class action lawsuit against Sony on this?
Dooney

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Sony Plasma Reply with quote

Hi,

You could try the legal approach and 1 of 2 things will happen :-

1) They will role over and either repair at a good price or free of charge.

or more likely

2) They will take you to take running jump.

The difficult thing here is that you would have heard about vertical lines regarding any plasma display you come across as the method of bonding a cable to a glass is the same for all manufacturers. In a legal battle you would have to prove that the product was faulty when it was manufactured which is easier said than done.

best of luck but i would also say toss the plasma in the skip unless you can live with the line,

Mike.
gary

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRY THIS, ENTER THE SET UP MENU AND GO TO THE ORBIT FUNCTION, SET ORBIT TO MAX AND TIME TO MIN. IF THE LINE MOVES WITH THE ORBIT MOTION IT IS NOT THE PANEL BUT A FAULT ON THE PROCESSING BOARD, IF IT DOESN'T MOVE IT IS THE PANEL. GOT TO BE WORTH A TRY.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия