electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Rotel Amplifier Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pauly

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:19 am    Post subject: Rotel Amplifier Problem Reply with quote

My Rotel RA-940BX amplifier has stopped working and I would like to try and fix it myself. Has anyone got any experience of Rotel amps? When switched on, I used to be able to hear an audible click after a couple of seconds from within the amp . It wasn't until this click was heard that any sound would come out of the speakers. However, when I now switch it on there is no click and nothing seems to be working. I've taken the cover off and had a good look around and there is nothing obviously faulty. The transformer output is correct, 28.3V. The only component I can see which might have been the source of the click is a 24V relay, could this be the problem?

Thanks,
Paul
[email protected]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: ROTEL AMP REPAIR Reply with quote

Hi Paul,
saw yr msg on esi.com. Check 12 V / 24 V DC which power up the relay ckt thru a time delay C-R ckt.disconnect the load(speaker wires) before you do this.It could be a fusible resistor blown or some problem in
the DC power supply.pl reply ASAP for further help.what about.rotel.com
e service? Best regards, Raj

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Raj,

Thanks for your reply. I powered up the amp and checked the voltage across the relay and it is 0V. It looks like you could be right and it is the power supply to the relay where the problem is. Without a cct diagram I am not sure where on the board the CR delay cct is likely to be. I checked the output from the DC bridge after the transformer output and this seems to working ok. I did send an email to Rotel asking for help but they didn't reply. Any more ideas?
Thanks,
Paul
AUDIODON

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Rotel Amplifier Problem Reply with quote

pauly wrote:
My Rotel RA-940BX amplifier has stopped working and I would like to try and fix it myself. Has anyone got any experience of Rotel amps? When switched on, I used to be able to hear an audible click after a couple of seconds from within the amp . It wasn't until this click was heard that any sound would come out of the speakers. However, when I now switch it on there is no click and nothing seems to be working. I've taken the cover off and had a good look around and there is nothing obviously faulty. The transformer output is correct, 28.3V. The only component I can see which might have been the source of the click is a 24V relay, could this be the problem?

Thanks,
Paul

Hi Paul

The reason the relay won't work is because the protection circuit is on !!
This is because there is DC at the output which will burn out your speakers or the rest of the amplifier if you force it to work.

AUDIODON
Jubei

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Rotel RA-940BX Reply with quote

Guys I'm desperately trying to find this amplifier's operating manual. Any ideas where I can find it?

I'm trying to find what kind of speakers I can connect to it (how many Ohms).

Nick
Greece
polaret

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi this seems to be short cirquit in the output stage
and the relay doesnt work because is in protect
disconect the output stage TR or mosfet or IC and try to power on if the relay works it is sure short cirquit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия