electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
LED light bulb

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
senderj

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: LED light bulb Reply with quote

I bought a LED light bulb, unfamous brand because of the low price. But I found that there is no transformer in it. The 220VAC direct connect to a full bridge, then to some RC filter and then direct to the LEDs. I don't know if this is a safe design. However, I found that even some famous brand such as Philips or Panasonic, their LED light bulbs are of the same size as mine, which I think is too small to house a transformer. Should I continue to use it?
torbjorn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no full transformer or galvanic separation in any LED or CFL light bulbs, but there should of course be some kind of mechanical protection against touching live parts.
If your bulb (or its box) has the relevant safety mark(s) for your country (CE, UL, BS, VDE etc), then there is no reason to stop using it.
senderj

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a try and see what happen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия