electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
modifying headsets/earbuds possible?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimcee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: modifying headsets/earbuds possible? Reply with quote

My telephone has a 2.5 mm headset/headphone jack. It will output stereo to my standard stereo earbuds via a 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter, or outputs one channel of sound to the earbud of the phone's combo earplug/microphone headset used to make phone calls. The plug on the stereo headphones adapter and the mic/headset are identical.
I've been looking for an adapter, without success so far, that would combine the left and the right channel sound output and direct it to the single earplug. Radio Shack had a mono earbud with a stereo to mono adapter that did the job but the sound was annoyingly tinny, no fidelity!
One vendor suggested buying a set of stereo earbuds, cutting of the right channel, then splicing the "hot" wire from the right to the "hot" wire of the left channel earbud. That would get the stereo feed into one ear only.
Would this be feasible? Might this modification damage the phone?

thanks in advance
jimcee
mleong

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: adapter Reply with quote

mayeb you can try this website: http--shop.hulger.com-adapters.php

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure your telephone would be stereo. The wires may be earth, microphone, speaker. The adapter you use may connect the 2 earbuds to the mono signal. (2 chanel mono)
Maybe you need a mono plug with both earbuds connected to it.
You cannot connect stereo to a single speaker/earbud.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия