electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
VIZIO 50" screen problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jastelf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:29 am    Post subject: VIZIO 50" screen problems Reply with quote

I own a vizio 50" and today the screen went out. I opened up the back but couldn't find anything obvious. I'm not a tech, but have worked as an electritian before. I don't know alot, but I looked for the obvious and couldn't find any caps that looked suspect or any fuses that blown. Anyone out there care to walk me through an idea or two. I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks Jason
Dan the Tv man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: Vizio 50 Reply with quote

Is this an LCD or Plasma,And do you have sound?
jastelf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a plasma tv. The model number is P50HDTV10A and I do have sound. Jason
Dan the Tv man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Vizio 50 Reply with quote

Youve got three boards X,Y and Z.Its marked on the circuit boards.Unplug the boards one at a time and power the tv up.No change plug the board back up,and unplug the next one.When you have the bad board unplugged,you should get a white screen,half screen something.Try this and see what happens,it wont hurt the tv.
jastelf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. I'll give it a try tonight. Thanks.
jastelf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the X,Y and Z boards and disconnected them one at a time. No change. When you say disconnect them, do you mean isolate them completely from all connections? Thats what I did. I disconnected all plugs on the board except for the leads (tape) from the board to the screen itself. (Z SYS only)

Here is info I can think of that may be helpful.

History- I don't have much history on this TV. It was not in working order when it was given to me. The previous owner assured that it wasn't dropped or damaged in any way, only that they were watching it one day and it suddenly stopped producing a picture. I don't know if the sound went out at that time or not.

1- The TV is currently on my workbench. I have nothing hooked up to it. When you ask me if I have sound, I said yes, but again it is not hooked up to anything. The sound that I refer to having, is a humming or static sould (not at all loud) so I know there is power to the speakers. I don't know that the speakers are producing the correct sound. I'd try pluging something into one of the inputs, but I dont know that I would get any results as I have no idea what input the tv is 'tuned' to.

2- When I plug it into a power source, I can see the following...
a- The light on the front of the tv flashes back and forth from green to orange for about 10 seconds then settles on orange until I push the power button at which time it turns green. That all appears normal.
b- I get 4 small green lights on the controll board that do iluminate. D1, D2, D15 and D18.
c- I hear a switch click on

Thanks, Jason
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $10.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from http://www.justmanuals.com

[email protected]

Need a manual now? Instant Download
http://www.justmanuals.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия