electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
How to limit WIFI speed?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
angelawinstead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:06 am    Post subject: How to limit WIFI speed? Reply with quote

Do you want to limit WIFI speed limit for others? Are you fed up with your slower speed of your Wi-Fi? Then do not worry about it. There is a solution for this. You can limit wifi speed for others. In this post you can read to control bandwidth for other users in any wireless routers.

But there are in some cases you will experience some network causes. That is server timed out; connector issue will also slow the speed of your network connection.

It do not matter whatever the type of OS you are using. If you are using Windows 7 or 10, some bandwidth software and Android apps can help you to increase speed.

If your other user of wifi continuously downloading day and night. Then it slower yours browsing speed. It will be lesser than the normal speed.
Try the below steps:-
Primary Steps >>
Login to your Router.
Collect IP from active client table.
Go to Bandwidth Settings.
Input value: IP, Bandwidth limit.
Save Settings.

You can control WiFi speed by hiding wireless network name. But this does not control their download speed. There is much bandwidth manager software available to manage network bandwidth.

Be that as it may, here we will clarify how you can constrain WiFi speed on your Router without utilizing any transfer speed topping programming for some specific customers who are constantly associated with your system.

The Fact is.
This is an IP put together transmission capacity control framework with respect to Router. For various clients of this WiFi framework will be set to a changed speed rate and rest speed or data transfer capacity won't be usable for that individual. Be that as it may, you can utilize the full transfer speed with no speed issue. Be that as it may, the individual can influence the transfer speed limit devoted to him.

I hope this simple answer helped you with solving your wifi issue. Just go through with the content. And check whether it works for you or not. I believe that somehow I helped to clear your question.
MaxKush

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same question I have, can anyone help with this issue?
AlexBaker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wi-Fi speed is one piece of the puzzle. You want a router that can deliver better Internet speed to more devices and at greater distances.
itsmonika

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I consider myself very lucky to have had the opportunity to read your post. This is actually because my roommates use the internet unnecessarily in my absence, and now I hope I can stop this unnecessary use.
aidanconnolly953

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to limit your wifi speed for the other users then you can set bandwidth in your router settings. You will have to log in to your router admin panel there you can set the desired bandwidth for specific users.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your router supports bandwidth control for devices connected to it. If you need to set a bandwidth limit for a device, log in to your router's web-based management page and go to the Manage Device page. In the Manage Device page, check that Limit Rate is toggled on, and then set a Speed Limit Values.
stevenzaillian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Search Router’s IP address, generally, it is written below the router.
Now write this address in the URL and click Enter. Another thing that we have to note from the bottom of the router is the username and password.
Once login you will see a lot of tabs, click on the status tab. It is also possible that your router has another name for it like DHCP Clients in TP-Link routers.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there, in my house there are actually about 5 people using the WIFI. There's a new couple who when using the WIFI, makes it really unusable for me, who's on ethernet, to use anything. Is there any way to limit their bandwidth? Thank you

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also want to limit my wifi connection.
Mishal21

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your router allows you to control the bandwidth of devices that are connected to it. Log in to your router's web-based management page and navigate to the Manage Device page if you need to set a bandwidth limit for a device. Check that Limit Rate is toggled on in the Manage Device page, and then set a Speed Limit Values.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия