electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
SONY KDL-46S4100 LCD TV - Tried Everything!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
niktsk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:22 am    Post subject: SONY KDL-46S4100 LCD TV - Tried Everything! Reply with quote

Me and my uncle have been trying to fix a Sony KDL-46S4100, and have had no luck. The problem was that if you hit the power button, you would hear a click sound, the power light would come on as a solid green, and there was no video or audio. We replaced the mainboard, the power board, the invertor, and the T-CON board, and it still has the same problem. He checked the lights on the lcd and said they are fine. This is the weird part: If you unplug one of the connectors on the board, it seems to go into some of test mode, and displays solid colors repeadtly. You can see a video of this here:

youtube . com/watch?v=WsIQtIXA_lQ

We also found out that when we turn on the tv (with all connections plugged in), it is doing the solid color loop, but without the backlight on. We just weren't able to see this before because the backlight isn't on.
Does anyone have any helpful information or tips? Any help would be greatly appreciated! This TV has really puzzled us because we have replaced almost everythign on it.
jts1957

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

niktsk wrote:
1) and there was no video or audio. & 2) He checked the lights on the lcd and said they are fine.

1) What source or sources did you have connected to make this determination (were they all connected at the same time or one after the other) and/or how did you determine what source the TV was set to?

2) Exactly HOW did he "check" them?

If the boards that you replaced were from an authorized Sony distributor (factory sealed - brand new), you can trust your results.

But if even one was from, say a seller on ebay who proclaims something to the effect: This board has been pulled from a working unit. This board has been 100% tested. yada yada yada.
The_AntiRAM

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jts1957 wrote:
niktsk wrote:
1) and there was no video or audio. & 2) He checked the lights on the lcd and said they are fine.

1) What source or sources did you have connected to make this determination (were they all connected at the same time or one after the other) and/or how did you determine what source the TV was set to?

2) Exactly HOW did he "check" them?

If the boards that you replaced were from an authorized Sony distributor (factory sealed - brand new), you can trust your results.

But if even one was from, say a seller on ebay who proclaims something to the effect: This board has been pulled from a working unit. This board has been 100% tested. yada yada yada.

@jts1957

Great answer here.

but you're loosing you useful times.

Customers/people are all about to be the same:

a) - When they want to buy some "Super Gizmos" (Crap) then
they're prepared to fly out from their pocket tons of $$$$$
without any problems/difficulties.

b) - When those "Super Gizmos" are (in brief) going to be broken
or even malfunctioning then they're prepared to fly out
from their Eyes tons of water from their cryiing all around
goooooogle & Co, awaiting (expecting ) that someone fixes
all faults (multiple issues) of their "Super Gizmos" because
they don't have (they don't want to spend) the bucks$$$ to
fix it.

c) - Furthermore, fixing complex items without highly specialized
and trained knowledge plus special tools and service specific
manuals may, in many cases, have as a final result with
things going even worse.
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've pretty much replaced everything but the panel.
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $11.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from http://www.justmanuals.com

[email protected]

Need a manual now? Instant Download
http://www.justmanuals.com
jts1957

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or FREE here:

http://elektrotanya.com/sony_kdl-40s4100_46s4100_chassis_fx_sm.pdf/download.html

But I doubt if he still needs it as he's "Tried Everythign!"
kcin01

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: I'm having the same problem. Reply with quote

I just purchased this TV off of someone on craigslist yesterday. It was working fine last night. Now when I went to turn it on this morning, there is no picture or sound, just a black screen. The green light is on and I hear the clicking when it turns on and off, but that's it.

Has anyone figured out the solution/problem to this?
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take it back.

Need a manual now? Instant Download
http://www.justmanuals.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия