electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Hitachi Television/ picture problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlmc62

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:14 am    Post subject: Hitachi Television/ picture problem Reply with quote

I have a Hitachi LCD Rear Projection, model 50V500 T.V. When I turn it on the picture will not come on, sometimes I get a blue screen,red screen,
multi colored screen and several others. The blue lcd light on front comes on and so does the sound. If I turn it off, wait for lcd light to stop flashing, turn it on again and then off several times, it will finally come on and stay on with a good picture. We live in a small town and the closest repair place is about an hour away. Before I call a repair place what if anything Question can I check to see if I can repair myself? Could it be the lamp? We had to have that replaceed twice before.

Thanks.
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

50v500 or 50v500a?
jlmc62

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: minnie Reply with quote

The t.v. is an 50V500.
Tonight I tried a new set of cables from the dvr to t.v. thinking that might be the problem but it still did the same thing. After turning it on and off for half hour to almost an hour it finally came on and stayed on.
Any ideas what I can try are welcome.
Thanks
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd suspect the light engine. UX22201DR about $250.
jlmc62

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:04 am    Post subject: Re:minnie Reply with quote

RE:I'd suspect the light engine. UX22201DR about $250.

Is the light engine that you suspect the same as the lamp?
If not what does the light engine do? and were is it located? Is there anyway to test the light engine before I buy a new one?
Another thing that it has started to do is after being on for say 4hrs. or so all of a sudden the picture will become a bunch of multi colored lines and the sound, sounds like a bunch of static.
Then if I turn it off and back on after the blue light stops flashing it will work fine again.

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия