electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
My newly purchased Pioneer VSX520 wont start
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
a_kabir

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: My newly purchased Pioneer VSX520 wont start Reply with quote

Dear All: Please help me to identify the problem of my Pioneer VSX-520 A/V receiver. I purchased this 15days back but yesterday it shut off while playing a song and not starting.

Checked the fuse, power cable but all of them are okay. still there is no power. Sad

Suggest me where and what to check to make it alive.

Thanks in advance.
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $11.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from http://www.justmanuals.com

[email protected]

Need a manual now? Instant Download
http://www.justmanuals.com
jts1957

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FREE:
http://elektrotanya.com/pioneer_vsx-520-k_820-k_rrv4043_sm.pdf/download.html

If under warranty - return it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jts1957: Thanks you so much. I am downlading the manual and will start to find the problem.

I checked that there is a small transformer for standby power supply provides 9V dc, and there is a relay to switch on the power to main transformer. This replay is not functioning, also found 3.3 v DC at power button and after press it comes to 0.

Any idea about the problem?

Yes I have warranty but in my country (Bangladesh) there is no authorized pioneer dealer available. I purchased this from Malaysia and brought it here.

Thanks again for the prompt support
a_kabir

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jts1957 wrote:
FREE:
http://elektrotanya.com/pioneer_vsx-520-k_820-k_rrv4043_sm.pdf/download.html

If under warranty - return it.

Hi jts1957: From the manual I found that if there is any DC error then the system will not turn on. However, by pressing some keys it can be turned on. I pressed those keys and it turned on but anter few seconds it turns off again.

Later I checked in deep and identified that if I remove speaker connector from speaker assey then the receiver acts normal.

Would you please let me know what migh gone wrong?

Thanks again
jts1957

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Driver and output transistors are prime failure candidates.
a_kabir

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jts1957 wrote:

Thanks. the problem is fixed. But I don know how it back to normal as could not find ay problem with APM section and when finally reconnected all connector to pack up then its started working.

however, thanks once again

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a_kabir wrote:
jts1957 wrote:

Thanks. the problem is fixed. But I don know how it back to normal as could not find ay problem with APM section and when finally reconnected all connector to pack up then its started working.

Hi: Is there any clue why this receiver goes in to protection mode due to DC error? In the manual it says that when the CPU monitors the status and if there is any malfunction of AMP then it shuts down.

I have checked the AC voltage when it works and also when it does work. Both occation line voltage is same.

What I can do to rid of this DC Error issue? Thanks in advance for your Help.

Cordially,
Raj

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
a_kabir wrote:
jts1957 wrote:

Hi: Is there any clue why this receiver goes in to protection mode due to DC error? In the manual it says that when the CPU monitors the status and if there is any malfunction of AMP then it shuts down.

I have checked the AC voltage when it works and also when it does work. Both occation line voltage is same.

What I can do to rid of this DC Error issue? Thanks in advance for your Help.

Cordially,
Raj

By pressing "Avd Surr + Power" then it will turn on. And mine turns on but after 2 seconds it shuts off again.

Sometimes after pressing those keys it functions normally; again it goes protection mode at its next start!

If I enter to service mode by pressing some front panel keys, it shows the error log how many times the error occurred, like DC Error, Overload, Over Temperature etc.

Can you please suggest what might be wrong and what is DC Error ment by Pioneer?

I sent this to Pioneer sg for repair but they said that there is no problem; except minor abnormal voltage adjustment at Amp side. But after all their effort the problem remains.

Is there any possibiity of my home power spike/surge etc causing this? I used filters but no result.

any one can suggest?

Thanks in advance
Raj

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was an protection mode by pioneer, and by pressing "Avd Surr + Power" the receiver will turn on.

But mine turns on but after 2 seconds it shuts off again.

Sometimes after pressing those keys it functions normally; again it goes protection mode at its next start!

If I enter to service mode by pressing some front panel keys, it shows the error log how many times the error occurred, like DC Error, Overload, Over Temperature etc.

Can you please suggest what might be wrong and what is DC Error ment by Pioneer?

I sent this to Pioneer sg for repair but they said that there is no problem; except minor abnormal voltage adjustment at Amp side. But after all their effort the problem remains.

Is there any possibiity of my home power spike/surge etc causing this? I used filters but no result.

any one can suggest?

Thanks in advance
Raj
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия