electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Hitachi C32WD2TN2 - A7 chassis. Green flaring & lines.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JamesQB

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:31 am    Post subject: Hitachi C32WD2TN2 - A7 chassis. Green flaring & lines. Reply with quote

Hi,

This set has terrible green flaring on whites on the screen. Even with the contrast reduced greatly, the problem remains. In fact, the contrast does not affect the flaring at all. The flares extend 2 or more inches to the sides of white and whitish parts of images, so the picture is abysmal. Oddly, there appears to be the odd square or rectangle without this flaring for very brief moments randomly.

I've been told that at times there will also appear on the screen 'diagonal green lines' which I assume to be flyback lines. These get brighter and brighter until the set switches itself off, I think, but they also said they sometimes switch the set off for a minute and then switch back on to get rid of this problem.

To confuse me further, they also mentioned the set switches itself off intermittently, but I am unsure as to whether or not this is actually the switching off they told me about when the green diagonal (or flyback?) lines get very bad.

I have the flaring with the set here, but haven't yet had the green lines appear on the screen or the intermittent (or related) switching off.

Any ideas anyone as to what may be causing this fault? Someone who use to 'mend TV sets from time to time' told them that the tube is finished and the problem cannot be cured. Myself, I'm rather stumped, being relatively new to the trade and not having come across this fault before.

Many thanks.
JohnCookson

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:37 am    Post subject: Your Not Alone Reply with quote

My TV has just gone green (possibly the RGB Circuit Board burned out somewhere). It started off with a Blue Hue then there was a smell of burning then predominantly green and no blue colour what so ever. But my problem is worse....

I have just moved to Germany and trying to get someone to repair a Hitachi TV is a nightmare...As soon as I tell them it is Hitachi they say they are unwilling to repair the TV as they struggle to get parts...They won't even look at it!!!

I have emailed Hitachi and they haven't even bothered to reply so I have spoken to Hitachi UK & Germany directly to resolve this issue but they have not come up with a solution to this problem of getting it repaired. Hitachi UK just washed there hands off the problem and passed the buck to Hitachi Germany. The technician from Hitachi germany is having to speak with sales persons in order to get a contact who may be willing to look at my TV.... I have tried 10 big reputable companies already so I am not holding my breath...

I could understand the problem if it was Tuner related but it is not...

Word of caution...Buyer beware if you buy Hitachi...I won't buy anything else Hitachi from now on as they have no after care service and have serious issues regarding repairs!!!
JohnCookson

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:40 am    Post subject: Forgot Reply with quote

My TV is only 4 1/2 years old.....
JamesQB

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried opening it to see what has burnt? I have no trouble getting TV parts from my two main suppliers, whatever the brand.
gary

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FIRST THING TO CHECK ON THESE TVS IS THE MAKE OF THE CRT, IF IT IS PHILIPS CHECK FOR A BURNT RESISTOR FEEDING ONE OF THE CATHODES ON THE CRT BASE, IF RESISTOR IS BURNT CRT IS INTERMITTENT SHORT CIRCUIT, SET MAY WORK OK FOR A WHILE IF RESISTOR IS REPLACED BUT THE ONLY RELIABLE AND SAFE REPAIR IS REPLACEMENT, UNFORTUNATELY A LOT OF PHILIPS CRTS OF THIS AGE ARE GOING S/C, I HAVE SEEN THEM FITTED IN SANYO, HITACHI, TOSHIBA AND PANASONIC SETS AS WELL.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия