electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Digital TV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Digital TV Reply with quote

I just purchased a SONY DLP HDTV LCD TV.

Plugged in all the wires, etc, the picture is fuzzy, not at all what I expected. When I autoprogrammed the TV, it searched for analogue and digital channels. Found only 1 channel, in analogue.

I have dish network. Because when I change channels the TV, I am actually changing channels on the Dish Network Sattelite, I surmise that the 1 analogue channel my TV is reading is the dish network connection.

Problem 1. Dish network only broadcasts in digital. My TV is recognizing 1 analogue and 0 digital channels. Why isn't my TV recognising the Digital Dish network?

Problem 2. Guy @ best buy where I bought the TV asks if I have a S-video wire. Says I need this to get the digital feed, but even that won't make much difference. The best it will do is bring me up to 480, where as HDTV is 720 or 1080 minimum.

I go buy the S-Video wire, I can tell no difference, and my TV is still reading only 1 analogue channel.

Right now my picture isn't any better than on my old TV. Anybody have ideas on how to fix the problem?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, with your dish network receiver on, you more than likely will only auto-program one channel.

Second, I wouldn't contact Best Buy at all. If you didn't receive an owners manual with your new tv, I would contact Sony and ask someone who knows the product on how to walk you through your programing problem.

Third, the other channels you are attempting to receive, are they "cable" or "antenna"? Sony is probably going to ask you the same thing.

Fourth: If you have a vcr, dvd player, etc., turn them off and try again.

Fifth: When all else fails, disconnect the dish network receiver, vcr, dvd player, etc. and connect only the antenna or cable to the tv and try the auto-program again.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reference to my previous post. How did you get a DLP and LCD in one unit? I never heard of such a thing. I'd like to hear Best Buy's explanation of that!! Question

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: digital dish, I don't think so Reply with quote

first your dish receiver is putting out signal on only 1 channel ie 3/4. yes dish signal is digital but only between the uplink and your receiver (a data stream), it is then converted to analog (NTSC). that is why your set is finding 1 analog channel. A s-video is not a digital signal. your set does not look as good as in the store because in the store it was getting a HDTV signal from a DVD or HD satellite. I would connect your receiver to the set with s-video and audio cables and you will get the best picture it can provide but it won't be HD (digital) unless you get a dish HD receiver connected thru DVI, HDMI or component inputs. DVD's should also use the component inputs also.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: one addition Reply with quote

you won't be usind a channel you will use a VIDEO INPUT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия