electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Hitachi 50UX58B Dead w/out Red Light
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sparky08540

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:40 am    Post subject: Hitachi 50UX58B Dead w/out Red Light Reply with quote

hi all, bought this several years back but it no longer turns on...tried to use a remote to do so and no luck. at least one green light is visible inside the unit's backside. i saw a hugely helpful thread for replacing fuses C707 and E994 but don't know if that will help repair my set...how many green lights should be visible inside and is a likelier problem the power switch? would the remote be able to turn it on if it has a bad physical power switch?

please let me know if you have any insight or opinions...many thanks in advance!
jts1957

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peruse slowly through this. It can answer some, if not all your questions. Of course, you may have to go to trade school to fully understand it.

http://elektrotanya.com/hitachi_50ux58b_60ux58b_chassis_ap83_sm.pdf/download.html
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check E994 if it's open, you have your answer. Yes.
sparky08540

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jts1957 wrote:
Peruse slowly through this. It can answer some, if not all your questions. Of course, you may have to go to trade school to fully understand it.

http://elektrotanya.com/hitachi_50ux58b_60ux58b_chassis_ap83_sm.pdf/download.html

hi,
i tried to access the file but had difficulty finding the link...seems everything is there but a link visible in my browser...also tried ie and opera in add'n to firefox. did you manage to find the download link? if so, would you be kind enough to the link directly? thanks!
jts1957

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try clicking on the words "Get Manual."
sparky08540

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see any link or clickable button or even the words for that matter, for "get manual"when going to that link. I hate when it looks like Ii am clueless at this level of enquiry! is there a way you can send me a pm with the link or the manual possibly? I tried three different browsers...none had the link visible...where approximately on the page is it located? thanks again!
train123_not logged on

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the link again. It worked fine for me.
Scroll down and look on the lower right portion of the page.
It'll begin with "connecting.." which will change to "Get Manual" once everything on the page gets fully loaded.
jts1957 rocks.
sparky08540

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

train123, u rock too!

I managed to see the link, rather small by my eyes standards but many thanks for the pointer. I am not sure if it was there before, but was now so THANK YOU!
sparky08540

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Hitachi 50UX58B Dead w/out Red Light-followup Reply with quote

hi all,
managed to find time to check out e994...seems to have low resistance, but it seems to move alot when checked on the board.

there was another post on some other site which suggested it is okay to cut out cap E707 and leave it out. the cap had a micro black dot on the top edge so it may have been bad. after removing it, still no powerup.

looking from the back inside, there is a set of leds...on plugging in, four green and one red immediately go on [D966,964, 947, one i can't see (covered with glue) but between 964 and 966, and the red protect led]. about 2-3sec later, d939 and d946 come on and then all leds click off in about 0.5sec except for d947 which slowly fades out and then the red protect led begins flashing.

does this help narrow down my repair needs? I did try to check the resistance of e994 but it seems to be mobile...i'm using a fluke 75 meter set for resistance which autoranges. also, is it okay to remove the e707 cap via clipping? thanks again in advance!
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The parts are less than $5.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия