electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Vizo Model VO420E 42" LCD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tayninh55

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Vizo Model VO420E 42" LCD Reply with quote

Hi, I am trying to work on this TV. It has NO Sound, and NO light in or around the screen area (completely black screen). When the tv is plugged in,,,,,,,but off, the Vizo logo is yellow with black screen and no sound. When you turn the tv ON (with remote or button on side of tv) the Vizo logo turns white but you still have no sound and a black screen. This is the only response I get from the tv. I have been told that this is the symptom of a bad Inverter Board. On this model tv, the Inverter shares one board with the power supply,,,,called a Inverter/Power Supply combination, so when I replace the Inverter, I'll also be replacing the Power Supply too.

MY QUESTION; Some LCD's have an Inverter and also one or two Slave Inverter Boards?

Does anyone know if this tv has the additional Inverter Slave Boards,,,,,,,OR is the Inverter section that shares the single board with the power supply the only components involved in the Inverter Process? Embarassed Thank You!!!
jts1957

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you mean: vizio

Othr thn te buls n te panl.

Just curious. Are ALL 5-letter television brands subject to abbrieviation?
Sanyo = Sano
Sharp = Shap
etc.
Johnie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before you decide to replace the IP board (inverter + power supply), i suggest you to double check the output voltage from the PSU secondary side to trace out which voltage lines was cause the symptom. I had seen this model of service manual inside the LCD-Television-Repair.com as file name: VIZIO VO420E_LC420WUG (T42USVZB1RF-.VO420E1) LCD TV Service Manual.
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it were a bad panel I would suspect you would have sound. No picture, no sound I would suspect the digital main board after checking the power supply voltages. http://www.vizparts.com/product.php?kw=VO420E&x=21&y=9

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VIZIO-VO420E-POWER-SUPPLY-0500-0407-0750-DPS-260JP-/370498178257
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия