electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Toshiba LCD no picture

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chosentestament

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:25 am    Post subject: Toshiba LCD no picture Reply with quote

Hello Guys,

I have a Toshiba 55inch LCD 55G310U that I have been using for about 14 months. It has been working fine up until last month in which it started to have a display issue. This happened around the time we had the small earthquake on the east coast, not sure if this is coincidental.

When I turn the TV it works fine for about 2 minutes but then the screen goes blank, however the sound still works like normal. When I turn the TV off or on it still goes blank after about 1 or 2 minutes...sometimes even 30 seconds.

I tried checking the sleep timer and energy savings setting but it's still doing the same thing, any suggestions?
train123

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you need to do next is to check to see if you have a video problem or a backlight problem. When you say the screen goes blank, is there still a faint glow on the screen? Also take a strong light or flash light and shine it on the screen when the picture disappears. Look for faint images of the TV show wherever you shine your light.

If you have a blank screen but there is a faint glow on the screen, your video section is down. Likely a T-Con board.

If you can see faint images using a light, your backlight is gone or the power to the backlight is gone
chosentestament

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TV screen still has a gaint glow to it after the video disappears after 2 mins. But there is no a video image even with my flash light on the screen. So does this mean I need to order a T-con board? I'm good with electronics and went to school for it, but is it hard to replace in these LCD TV's?
train123

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll find the T-Con usually in the top most center of the set. Usually about 4" x 6" and is usually fed by a flat cable.
chosentestament

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help train123, do you know of a good reliable parts site for these parts?
train123

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is almost impossible to find a site that stocks every part. Too many makes and models around. If you are looking to buy new, you'd have to find a Toshiba repair center but that is an expensive way to go. You can find used parts on eBay or just searching the internet using your favorite browser. Remember that there is always a slight chance that the video section on the Input/main board could be faulty instead but usually it is the T-Con and T-Cons are cheaper. Always use the model number printed on the board to order because manufacturers change things around too often.
Good luck.
chosentestament

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I replaced the T-con board and I am still seeing the same issue. Any other symptoms of the problem or are there to many things it could be?
train123

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked the power board to see if all the voltages are there?
Most modern LCD sets need +5, +12, and +24
Have you checked for bulging capacitors?

If the power supply is good, the next board to try is the board feeding the signal to the T-Con. Usually this is the same as the video input / micro board.
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too new of a set to be a capacitor issue. If the Tcon didn't fix it the only other option is the digital main 75023994 or panel. Seeing as the panel is over $1000, that's not really an option.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия