electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
toshiba dv-32av555d intermittent sound

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dieseldod

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: toshiba dv-32av555d intermittent sound Reply with quote

toshiba dv-32av555d intermittent sound

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hi lads , i have rarely any sound on this tv , could it be a dry joint somewhere? the people i bought it from say it needs a new motherboard. but im not sure they looked into it too much. thanks in advance
train123

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything is possible, is the sound just missing from the TV speakers? You'll need to try a few more things before digging into the circuitry. Does the the sound change when you use different sources?
Try TV tuner, HDMI, and discrete audio in. Whichever one is not working will tell you which circuit to look at next. Next you need to check whether any aux audio out circuits work, check optical out and any other audio out circuits. If audio out works but nothing comes from the speakers, you then need to check out the audio amp / audio power supply circuits. If no audio on speakers and no audio on aux audio output , then the audio input processing circuits are likely faulty and you are back to replacing the main board. There are more possibilities but you should start with this.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks very much for the reply, i will follow as you suggest and i will let you know thanks.
dod

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: tv Reply with quote

i tried with different sources today, hdmi , component cables. it is the same with every method . the sound crackles then gets much louder on its own and ends up either crackling on low volume or no volume at all . looks like it needs a new board likely.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия