electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Power supply stopped working switched to a new one question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Power supply stopped working switched to a new one question Reply with quote

I have a vtower extreme vaporizer. It has a heating element on it and also a fan. The power supply on went out on it, and it costs 40 bucks to replace. When it first started going out it seemed like a loose connection, when I would wiggle the wire and push in the male/female end to the plug together it would eventually come back on. It is now completely out. When plugged in the power supply makes a quiet ticking noise, it sounds like something is trying to trigger, but never actually does.

I was given another power supply with the same connector and almost the same specs. The specs for the original are
Input: AC100-240V, 50/60Hz, 1.5A
Output: 19V---2500mA

and the new power supply specs are
input 100v-240v, 50-60hz 1.5ma Max
output 12v 4.2A

The vaporizer has a function to turn sound on and off, it beeps when buttons are clicked when it is on. When I plug in the new power supply it causes the vaporizer to beep continuously sounding like a warning function, but that could just be a coincidence. So Any recommendations on what I should do? I figure a lower output won't damage the vaporizer, but don't know for sure. Anyway to fix the original power supply?
vtech

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a broken wire/connector issue on your old power supply. any thing can be fixed, it is a matter of taking it apart and finding the bad spot(if it's worthed?)
Your new supply sounds low on voltage rating and rather overkill on amperage. It may be the cause of the beep in question.
leigh_of_Tregevis

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you could try a Notebook power supply.. check that it is 19V. It should have enough amps. Although connections inside the vaporizer perhaps should be checked as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия