electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Panasonic TH-42PX80U Dead (Updated 5/13)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fftomcat

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject: Panasonic TH-42PX80U Dead (Updated 5/13) Reply with quote

No power. No clicking. No blinking lights. Checked 3 buss fuses on P-board. Fuses OK. AC to P-board OK.

Had lighting strike. Nothing looks burnt. OTA cable was connected to RF input. I did have a PS3 connected to the HDMI. I lost the PS3. I believe I lost the PS3 from the router via the modem that came from the phone lines. I lost all that equipment.
It definitely came in on the phone lines and I believe the antenna. I'm pretty sure the lighting didn't come in to the power source.

I'm suspecting the main board but not sure how to identify that for sure.
NOTE: The TV was off at the time of the storm.

Update: 5/13
"Analog Devices" chip is burnt. Small burn mark in the center. Don't know how I missed this. I think the numbers on the chip are ADV7495B, BSTZ-170.
I'm hoping that this is the only card that was affected. If the surge came in on the "Panasonic ENGE6604KF Tuner" (part of the Main Board), while off, does anyone know what the likely hood is that everything else is ok? Is there a way of checking the power board without this board connected?

Thank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия