electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Ford 6000cd problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nellie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Ford 6000cd problem Reply with quote

Hi Firstly let me state I have the CODE so I am not breaking any rules.
My problem is that the Ford 6000cd is asking me to input the code and there are 4 flashing **** in the display. When I press the preset No1 to enter the first letter of the code nothing!!! all the buttons seem to be locked nothing works at all. 01 is shown between the four flashing**** and the clock which is working but is obviously the wrong time.

Please help
Neil
Pentode

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know the radio off-hand.

Maybe it wants a complete reset by removing all power feeds. There 'could' be a clue that the 'always 12V' is missing, what this does it retains the memory and time etc... the clue is that it's lost the 'time of day', note in many units there is a very low current rated fuse in the 'always 12V feed', maybe no more than a 100mA or so -:

It is imperative that should this fuse fail it is replaced by exactly the same type and value.

If this has failed you will lose all memorized stations as well as time and may not be able to enter the pin code.

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия