electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Panasonic TC-P65S1 - begins power up, then shuts off

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khnitz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Panasonic TC-P65S1 - begins power up, then shuts off Reply with quote

Make: Panasonic
Model: TC-P65S1
Description: 65" Plasma, Manf. Jan-2010

The TV did not power on anymore. After pressing the power button on the unit, there would be a first relay click, then a second (and the cooling fans would start spinning). A second later there would be another relay click (the fans turn off) and a last click and then the front power LED begins blinking steady (1s on, 3s off). I replaced the stressed large 'lytics on the MULTI and SUS power boards (3X - 350uF 450V, and 3X - 1200uF 220V). The replacement caps are 390uF 450V, and 1200uF 250V - new Nichicon parts rated, like the originals, at 105C.

After replacing those stressed 'lytics, I am still getting the same behavior (power up, then off, and the steady, 1-blink LED). I see no signs that the screen is powering up (I'm more familiar with LCD sets, than plasma, but there's no action on the screen during this power up/down process).

I have the service manual for the unit, and am familiar with electronics repair and troubleshooting. The service manual provides no guidance for a steady 1-blink state...it seems to be the universal "you're screwed" indicator Razz The only measurement I've taken so far was to see that (between test points TP5 and TP6 on the SUS power board), the Vsus rail climbs to about 185V before the shut-off.

Any help is appreciated...I'd like to get this running for the kids to enjoy at Christmas.
khnitz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After some more information gathering and measuring of outputs from the power supply boards, I'm ording up a replacement A-board and will roll-the-dice with that. Should have further results by week's end.
ravi201

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My advice would be you should take it to the dealer..if it is in its warranty period he will replace it and your kids would be able to watch tv by Christmas.
Merry Christmas and hope it helps

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. It isn't in the warranty period anymore. I've fixed other sets before, so I'm giving it a go with this one.
khnitz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:20 am    Post subject: FIXED! Panasonic TC-P65S1 with "1-blink" code Reply with quote

The "Guest" reply before this one was mine, too...I wan't logged in, apparently.

This TV is FIXED and ready for the kids to enjoy over the holidays! I replaced the A-board and it is now working. With the large electrolytics on the power supply boards, too, this one should hopefully serve my family for a long time to come.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия